On The Beat - Episode 737 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 22, 2023

TGNeil

Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:00 pm

December 22, 2023

The opening tunes today were some bouncy Christmas songs, one of which led to a little theory discussion later about dominant and secondary dominant chords. You can strains of Here Comes Santa Claus, Jingle Bells, and Jingle Bell Rock, then I Wonder As I Wander and a bit of an abstract take on While My Guitar Gently Weeps as the closing tunes.

In between there were parts of The Earl Of Salisbury and Faro’s Rag, both John Renbourn pieces. These were on my radar because of recent requests for Bert Jansch and Dave Van Ronk lessons. I hope to keep most of those on my to-do list.

This week we decided to have a drawing from the weekly 3-Minute Challenge reports and give away a month of our Koa Program. This week's winner was Pelatonrider and we will pull another each week before the grand prize drawing after the 30 days are done.

Some of the perks of Koa are a monthly live webinar with some individual instruction for each attendee and access to over 10 years of IGC videos. Some highlights there are workshops by special guests like Al Stewart, Alex De Grassi, and Muriel Anderson, as well as a couple dozen classes from our staff: Dave Nachmanoff, Jim Bruno, Doug Young and yours truly.

I hope you enjoy the rambling, the tunes, the info and have a great week with family and friends!

Neil