On The Beat - Episode 738 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 29, 2023

TGNeil

Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:30 pm

December 29, 2023

Just a little news and a couple tunes to end the year. We have a winner from our second week of the 3-Minute Challenge. It is ncrump93 who will join our Silver program for a couple months. This means unlimited access to over 1750 acoustic guitar lessons, along with dozens of theory and technique packs and lessons.

Other than that I wrapped up the Update with a little improvising, starting with the Theme From MASH and slipping into a Christmas Classic. I hope you enjoy them.

See you next year!

Neil

familyman4

Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:07 am

Hello Neil,

A wish for a successful, prosperous New Year!

I actually thought you already had a lesson on the MASH Theme song on the site. I am thinking it was Johnny Mandell (?) that recorded the song. Not really sure about that though.

Keep up the good work and we will hopefully talk soon....
Bart

auntlynnie

Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:53 am

Watched the 1970 movie M.A.S.H. yesterday (after Neil posed the question about what version was in the movie). The opening theme song "Suicide is Painless" is played on guitar with vocals of (probably) all the verses. In the middle of the movie there is another, but similar version also with guitar and vocal sung and played by actual characters in the scene with Painless the Dentist.

The M.A.S.H. tv series had the theme that many of us are familiar with, with a beautiful guitar intro and other instruments. Sometime later in the eleven seasons the theme was played with more horns, still starting with the guitar, but had a different feel.
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic