On The Beat - Episode 742 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 26, 2024

TGNeil

Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:22 pm

January 26, 2024

Our 3-Minute Challenge inspired me to take a look at many of the pieces I have played over the years and see what kind of shape they were in. As expected, a bunch of them were in terrible shape. This sent me on a path of reviving a couple dozen tunes that I should have in performable shape at all times. That also consumed time I had planned on putting into new lessons here at TG. I hope to get back in balance soon.

However, it did give me a chance to open up today’s Update with bits and pieces of some old, personal favorites. I hope I mentioned the names of most of them. At least Nesh bailed us out with a great lesson on Gerry & The Pacemakers’ hit Ferry Cross The Mersey. Of course, this is a different take on it than my instrumental arrangement from a little while back.

A couple lesson I had recently with some students also gave me a topic that should help with the ability to figure out chords to a song, basically learning it by ear and brain, rather than questionable charts and tab found all over the internet (TG excluded of course). I would love to get some feedback on whether it helped clarify or muddy up the issue.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil