On The Beat - Episode 744 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 16, 2024

TGNeil

Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:24 pm

February 16, 2024

I was traveling last weekend and am sorry not to have gotten to my Weekly Update. This week I had Dropped D tunes on my mind and started with a couple originals – Imagine That and Cobble Creek, but also strayed into a bit of Embryonic Journey.

This week Nesh brought us a lesson on Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying by Gerry & The Pacemakers.

We are almost two months away from our first IGC Mini Camp and there are a handful of openings right now. If you are thinking of joining us please act soon as we are capping this at 20 campers.

The Dropped D thoughts were inspired by a couple lessons I gave this week. Another lesson went into harmonizing a melody, or just figuring out the chords by being able to play the melody. This became a bit of a follow up to my theory talk from a few weeks ago, with particular focus on the beginning to Can't Help Falling In Love, a great lesson that Nesh put together for us.

I hope you get something out of that and can apply it to other things you might be working on.

Happy President's Day Weekend!

Neil