On The Beat - Episode 751 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 5, 2024

TGNeil

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:00 pm

April 5, 2024

A bit of a golden oldie started off today's Update. For some reason I had a very old fake book on my mind which brought up Sweet Georgia Brown from the memory banks. The main announcements this week were the latest winners from our 3-Minute Challenge and a couple new lessons.

Nesh brought The Sutherland Brothers & Quiver into the TG library with their tune Arms Of Mary and we added a lesson on Stevie Wonder's As, which I played a bit of last week.

Today's tip was a continuation of the physics behind harmonics, along with a bit about artificial harmonics. The first section of Bethena was used as an example as they are used many times in that. I think that will be the end of harmonics discussions for the foreseeable future. I am sure something else will pop up next week.

Neil

familyman4

Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:47 am

Another fun weekly update!

If you don't mind a suggestion;
Can you take the info from last week & this week's updates and make a lesson on just the harmonics? It would be something interesting to be able to refer back to from time to time without having to search the weekly updates. Just a thought....

Bart

TGNeil

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:29 pm

Great idea Bart, and I was heading there anyway. Please remind me again if it falls through the cracks and off my radar in a month or so.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic