Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill

kelemenj

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Kind of a challenge to put the vocal and the finger picking together on this one. It could use a bit more rehearsal. Not to mention that I left the fan in the shot...... :D :D

johnnymac

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:15 pm

You're right John, Solsbury Hill is a tough song to both sing and play. I know, I've tried and I never got beyond doing one or the other and I'm primarily a finger picker so the songs in my ballpark. When did you get the Santa Cruz and which model is it? If I recall correctly, in your older videos you weren't playing it. I got a Pre-war D in about 2014 and its still my favorite guitar. I've always wanted to get an OM Grand but its difficult to justify more guitars given the limits of my expertise. And I already have a Taylor 814 that kind of covers the same space as an OM Grand. I've always liked many of your song choices and I used to play a number of them like Cruel to Be Kind and Solsbury Hill. I love a lot of Dylan songs too, including It's Alright Ma. It always reminds me of going to see Easy Rider as a high school kid in the late 60's. Thanks for the tunes? I appreciate your work and admire the depth of your play list.

johnnymac

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic