You Ain't Goin" Nowhere cover - Bob Dylan & The Band

MarkM

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:59 pm

Oh my... I haven't been here in quite some time. Lots of changes I see. Looks great. Well I finally carved out a bit of time as I found myself in the house all alone for a few hours. Probably the first time in about a year.............. I heard this song several months ago when a friend did his own cover (much better that this little thing) and just fell in love with the song. Not the first song from Bob Dylan that comes to mind. Just a very simple 3 chord easy strummer. Between Covid this past year and coming out of a long cold winter, this song just felt right. I almost forgot how to record the damn song after all this time. :lol: Be well out there!!!

Just noticed that I have zero credentials from being an original member. Wow, evidently I have this one single post now. Neil, hope all is well. I'll have to figure this out tomorrow. :D

MarkM

TGNeil

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:54 pm

Hey Mark,

Great to see you again and fantastic job on a really fun song.

With the new site a lot of stuff had to get reset. I am not sure of the status of 'Founding Members' but will look into it. As far as Forum posts, I looked up your last at the old site (it was April of 2020, just before we relaunched in May) and you had about 1887 posts. I'm pretty sure that would put you in the top 20 for our first 10 years.

I look forward to seeing more from you soon.

Neil

MarkM

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello Neil!! Ha. I was just joking. I think there used to be some sort of medallion by our names on the forum but that may have been a long time ago. Just getting reacquainted with the site as it's been a while. Yes I hope to hang around here a bit more these days as well. I'll double check that I have the correct subscriptions here and adjust if necessary. Hope all is well!!

MarkM

TGNesh

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:25 am

How awesome to hear and see you again Mark, you sound great!

You got quite a nice 'YT-worthy' set up/look there too. ;)

All in all, i hope you and your family are well. And I hope you'll enjoy the updated site!

Ness

MarkM

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:31 pm

Vanessa!!! What a nice surprise. Great to hear from you and thanks for the compliments! I literally had the house to myself for the first time in a long time and decided to see if I still knew how to record something for this site as it's been too long. I just barely remembered how. With the girls getting older now (16) I"m starting to carve out a bit more time for stuff like this. I hope to see some of the "older" faces hanging around still as well as getting acquainted with some of the new. Be well!!

MarkM

michelew

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi Mark!

That was really cool. It reminds me of the good ol’ days when you used to post quite often. I miss those days.

Thanks for sharing. You sound great. Glad you remembered how to record. I’m not sure I do anymore :).

Michele

daryl

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Hey Mark! Sounding GREAT! Really smooth and confident playing and singing. Nice setup and I like the beard.

auntlynnie

Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Mark,
That was wonderful. I recently re-learned this song, after not giving it a thought for about 25 years!
Your cover of it is excellent! Thanks for sharing it.
Lynn

jayswett

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:45 am

A great song and a great performance of it. Glad you see your smiling face again. Are you still living down south (Georgia?).

MarkM

Fri May 21, 2021 11:06 am

Thanks for the kind words Michele!! I agree. I miss the "old" days here as well. Where did everyone go?? :D

Daryl.... Thanks for checking in on an "old" name. Ha!! The beard...... It has shrunk a bit since I recorded this. Hope all is well.

Lynn thank you!! To be honest, up until last year I hadn't even heard of this song. Once I heard it I couldn't get it out of my head. Thanks again!!

Hey Jay!!! Thank you!! I've been back in NH since 2015. We are in Windham now. Hope all is well. Covid aside, have you still be doing the open mic nights?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic