Part A, Work in Progress: Jorma Kaukonen's Water Song

carolm242

Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:39 pm

Hi Folks!!

Hope this is the right place to post a video (I'm not ready to busk just yet, hehe)
I've been messing around with some open G pieces and this one has been on my "learn list" forever!!! I love this song, it really sounds just like a steady spring rain.

I've got part A under my fingers and hoping the rest of the piece is easier, not harder!!!

Craig

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:22 pm

Sounds Great Carol! Nice job. Good luck with the rest of the piece. Hope you post the rest once you get that down!

Craig

TGNeil

Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:41 pm

Hey Carol,

This is well under way. The timing in the first part is great. My main suggestion would be to memorize it, particularly the bass note patterns in each measure, and then don't worry about playing them as written, as long as you shuffle them around and never play the same one twice in a row.

The strumming part is nailed as well, just a little slower. Try to keep the beats at the same speed as the 1st part. A metronome might help but the syncopation of the bass notes in the first. Every second bass note is on an 'and' of course.

Keep it up!

Neil

crieniecat

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:16 am

Hi Carol,

Lovely to see you and thanks for part A. Nicely done! It sure makes me want to hear the rest of the song too ☺

Looking forward.

Cheers,
Corina.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic