Busking bob dylan

michelew

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 am

Hi everyone,

Here's my contribution to the Dylan thread - If Not for You. I'm cheating a little. This is actually the George Harrison version, but given that Dylan wrote it I figured it was fair game.

Another experiment - a little hit and miss. But, hey we're busking right.

Thanks for watching.

Michele

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 am

Excellent, Michele. I think you are the first to break out the bottleneck. Good job with that too. I really enjoyed your video. I am going back to watch it a few more times. Thanks for posting it.

Bill Image

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:23 am

Fantastic 'Shel! There are some serious leaps of progress in that video not to mention the great song and great singing. That really worked. A really enjoyable production. Bottlenecking, multi-tracking, multi vocals, pips... wow you've been hard at work!

This was a real joy to see, man I am lovin' these Busking threads and how everyone is getting on board. And forget Dylan and George Harrison... I'm thinking Olivia Neutron Bomb on this one.Yummy!

Chris

jayswett

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:22 am

Lots of new stuff in this video. Loved it.

ffsooo3

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:16 am

WOW! Fantastic! Loved the double tracked vocals. Great job. And slide guitar as well. Very impressive. I think the only thing lacking in this video is that it's not in stereo. That would really fill it out. Duplicate the rhythm track, go to the beginning of one of the tracks and add about .025 seconds of silence, and then pan the tracks right and left. Another trick is to record the vocals 3 times (it's always a charm!) and place one track hard left, one hard right, and the 3rd one dead center.

willem

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:30 am

Gosh Shel! You just kéep amazing and surprising us :ohmy: , that was gréat!! :cheer:

Just ábsolutely loved it all, (gonna sound like Daryl, a couple of minutes before me, but what the heck ;) ), the double vocals sounded great, the bottleneck and slides, you're the first that I've seen to use that one, very very good! The strumming and you up close in front of the camera, the whole picture, and now smíle Shel!!! :P

michelew wrote:
Hi everyone,

Here's my contribution to the Dylan thread - If Not for You. I'm cheating a little. This is actually the George Harrison version, but given that Dylan wrote it I figured it was fair game.

Another experiment - a little hit and miss. But, hey we're busking right.

Thanks for watching.

Michele

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 am

jimcjimc wrote:
Stuart & Jim doing Dylan's I Want You

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Great fun, guys! Thanks for posting your collab.

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:20 am

Michele,

Awesome stuff! Loved the slide and your vocals.
Thanks for sharing.

dekotaj

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 am

Bravo!!Folks.

Really enjoying this thing called busking.Great to see all the folks here joining in.Great songs and performances by everyone!

Thanks
Kevin

NKenny

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am

Michele

That was great, loved the slide guitar and nice singing.

Kenny

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic