Busking 3 or 4 Chord Songs

willem

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 am

Hell Cori,you got rhythm...

wammer

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 am

Alright, here is my contribution!

The past year miss, it starts with M and ends with ichele, has given me at least three assignments :P , upload a cheery song, upload an Elvis-song and upload a 3-4-chords-song, so I guess the time was right to finally get on with it!

It's a sunny day here, adds to the mood, hope you'll enjoy! :)

Ness

The song is from the soundtrack of King Creole, one of the movies that Elvis was very proud of. I've always found it a cute, cheeky, cheery and a bit sensual song, just much fun to sing and Elvis himself is totally adorable when doing so. ;)

Elvis Presley - Young Dreams - guitarcover

Young dreams
My heart is filled with young dreams
And I'm longing to
Share them all with you

In my eyes,
Oh can't you see in my eyes
That you're the only one who
Can make my young dreams come true

I have young arms
That wanna hold you
Hold you good and tight
I have young lips
That want to kiss you
Kiss you morning noon and night
Take my hand
Oh darling take my hand
And let me make you a part
Of all my young dreams of love

I have young arms
That wanna hold you
Hold you good and tight
I have young lips
That want to kiss you
Kiss you morning noon and night
Take my hand
Oh darling take my hand
And let me make you a part
Of all my young dreams of love
A part of all of my young dreams of love

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:46 am

Oh...My...God...... Elvis lives and she IS beautiful. (Hopefully Madonna will forgive me for borrowing her words.)

Speechless...priceless... WOW!

:):):):):):):):):):)

Well a year of encouragement and nagging was definitely worth it, and worth the wait. WOW! Channeling indeed...

daryl

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:51 am

Fun fun fun. Great all around. But.... I think I counted SIX chords (D G E A Gm and B7). Michele's probably really peaved as she was looking for THREE and FOUR chord songs. But being Michele, she's just holding back her rage! :ohmy: :huh: :unsure:

tombo1230

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:52 am

Ness that was bl--dy brilliant! You obviously were enjoying that and so was I. I was smiling from start to finish.

Looks like you have fulfilled all three criteria: A cheery song, an Elvis song a 3 or 4 chord song all in one, although I was
enjoying the performance rather than analysing the chords. :)

You have made my day! :)

Tom N.

willem

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 am

Now we all have the do an Elvis song,,,Mmmmm,back to the drawing board.

That was,,no it is lovely !!!!!

W.

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:58 am

Daryl - loved seeing you and Amy again. Chris will also be happy no doubt. Standby me...cool.

Cori and Krista - very cool -what a work out.

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 am

daryl wrote:
Fun fun fun. Great all around. But.... I think I counted SIX chords (D G E A Gm and B7). Michele's probably really peaved as she was looking for THREE and FOUR chord songs. But being Michele, she's just holding back her rage! :ohmy: :huh: :unsure:

Rage.... Well yes of course that was SO aweful.

What a rule breaker!

Well I guess we'll just have to live with the fact that Nessa's love for The King means she forgets how to count sometimes. It's hard to be sure but someone's got to do it.

B)

lueders

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:23 am

Vanessa- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :laugh:

The King has left the building...er, I mean Queen...well, whatever. I know it was definitely more fun than a clam-bake!
Amazing job!! Obviously not surprised by your performance, but you somehow manage to blow me away every time out.

As for advising Krista to give me a hard time...you had better back off there Kid Creole! (just kidding) Nothin' But Love For Ya.
(I had a couple good- memory flashbacks too.)

Tom- Thanx, Man! Yeah, what a stickler she is, that was only my second take. Geez! hA, HA! :laugh:

Willem- Thanx man, Rhythym huh?... a little somethin' to go with my sore hands. :( Boo Hoo...woe 'ez me...just kidding :) )

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:13 am

These are super cool....

Daryl: As always, I love your playing. Very good positions and you always seem so darned relaxed..... :)

Cori & Krista: That was fun as heck to watch. Thanks for leaving the incidentals in for our enjoyment. Glad to see that i am not the only one that catches crap from my wife.... :woohoo: Amazing how we get put into our place Cori.... ;) Great job, and yes, that song would be amazingly dull without the signing. Most of these 2, 3, 4 chord songs would.....

Ness: I find it hard to believe that these is much out there that you can't do musically....... :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic