Busking Neil Young

millponddave

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Al and Vanessa.

WOW. You guys really have set the bar high! It truly inspires me to work harder. Neil Young is one of my all time favorites and I am working on more of his stuff than anything else.

Dave

pbraun

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 am

Al, that was great, the double tracking and mixing of the voices and guitar is amazing!

Vanessa, wow I hunting for every to find a cd of 4 way street, I have the lp, finally found it, now I need to break it back out. That was great, great playing and singing, and choice of song!

Pete

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:51 am

Thank you very much Al!

It was very much fun to get those great songs out of the closet, played them by myself first and then chose to go for this one, very glad you've enjoyed it!

My guitar is a Tanglewood,an affordable one, haha, but it's a great guitar, I love it!

And Jeff, Pete and Dave, thank you very much for your kind comments, appreciate it ánd waiting for your contributions, haha! :P

AcousticAl wrote:
Thanks for everyone's comments on my busking upload.
And nice to see Vanessa responded to the call-- THAT WAS GREAT!!
You play so effortlessly, it's so fun to watch.

What kind of guitar is that- sounds great!

willem

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 pm

SAIL AWAY,,A VERY UNKNOWN SONG BY NEIL YOUNG,,IS FROM ''RUST NEVER SLEEPS''

DON'T DROP TO MANY COINT'S

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

ffsooo3

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Very nice Willem.

bigears

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:05 pm

Well here you go, the first couple of coins are for you!

Solid strumming Willem, well done! I don't know this song, so I have no idea if you sang the melody like NY does, haha, you said so yourself, that you usually tend to change it! :P

Thanks for joining the NY-Busking-Club!

Greetz'

Ness

willem wrote:
[quote]SAIL AWAY,,A VERY UNKNOWN SONG BY NEIL YOUNG,,IS FROM ''RUST NEVER SLEEPS''

willem

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:

Solid strumming Willem, well done! I don't know this song, so I have no idea if you sang the melody like NY does, haha, you said so yourself, that you usually tend to change it! :P

Greetz'

Ness

willem wrote:

Vanesh,I think i was close with the melody, not sure!! i think i made it my own,,singin and playing like Neil or Neil would be great and busking songs, well you dare to upload something, i try that groovy thing and study much on the melody and try to find some harmonie strings tooo.. and i almost forgot to say your contribute was well, even i did not know the song,,atleast i can't remember..

willem

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Vanesh? Haha, no-one ever calls me like that, sure Nesh, Ness, Vaness, Nessa, Nessie....but Vanesh, it's nice though! (don't think you intended to, but still, it sounds nice!)

Sometimes I really think you've been living under a rock, not knowing songs by the Beatles and this one! I'm just teasing you Willem! :P

But I'm with you by the way, to make a song your own is important and the Busking-thread supposed to be fun instead of doing everything exactly right, just play, have fun and upload it, right?!

Waiting on your 'Feeling Groovy' though! ;)

willem wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Greetz'

Ness

willem wrote:

Vanesh,I think i was close with the melody, not sure!! i think i made it my own,,singin and playing like Neil or Neil would be great and busking songs, well you dare to upload something, i try that groovy thing and study much on the melody and try to find some harmonie strings tooo.. and i almost forgot to say you contribute was well even i did not know the song,,atleast i can't remember..

lueders

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:29 pm

[/b][/quote]..and i almost forgot to say your contribute was well, even i did not know the song,,atleast i can't remember..[/b][/quote]

This is Neil Young playing it in I think 1971, a year before I was born, haha!

Here a very rare one with CSN&Y, great performance, I love it!

Yamaha48

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Hey Vanessa.

My guitar stay not in the corner hahaha.
Im bizzy with coupple of songs.
Evry day reading here ,and watching nice video s.
@home bizzy with painting.
Hope to make very soon a new video,to share with my friends here.

greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic