Busking bob dylan

jimcjimc

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 am

I checked my email today and saw all these emails from totally guitar forum on the busking dylan thread. My first thought - more comments on our video?, but before I opened my browser I realized there must be a new busking video.

Michele - that was great! I love that song and the PIP & bottleneck version added a lot! Welcome to busking dylan, even if George inspired you.

MarkM

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 am

Michele that was so much fun to watch. Wow a pick and a slide. Fantastic!! I love this song and you really did a nice job. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

BobR

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Michele,

Great song and you did a fabulous job. I loved your slide work.

Bob

tovo

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Shel great work with the slide, kudos to you for taking on a new technique and doing it so well. I thought your voice was very good for this tune and you looked just a little more relaxed than I've seen you previously.

You sure are showing heaps of improvement and pushing yourself to get better all the time. That's a great trait.

I really enjoyed your video, terrific stuff.

willem

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:51 pm

B) :kiss: ;) :laugh: :woohoo: :side: :ohmy: B) too great.

wammer

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 pm

WoW

Michele................Go big or go home...and you went big B) LOL

That was fantastic

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Late to the party yet again...

Stuart and Jim, I'm admittedly not a great follower of Dylan but that must have been fun getting together. Was this the first time playing with another guitarist? I recall my first time, whilst I knew the song list being played I just constantly stared at the other guy's strumming hand to keep in synch as that's what I found the hardest. But playing with others since I find it great to help develop your playing...

So guys don't wait too long between drinks!

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Ok ok now I've read the rest of the thread and found Michele's post, man you have to be on the ball with these busking threads easy to miss someone.

Michele that was taking your playing to another level, amazing loved the effort put into the slide and pip, very inspirational. Setting the bar higher and higher with every post.

Fantastic loved it.

Chas

Lavallee

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi Michele, I think it was all said but I really enjoy that you are adventurous and trying all those new aspects.

The slide came out very well and the singing is great.

Marc

michelew

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement. You're the best!

Bill - Thanks I'm glad you liked it. I LOVE those clapping hands. While I'm the first (from memory) to post a slide lesson song, Chas actually posted a slide video a while ago, at least it had slides in it...hmmm... I've lost track I'm sure Chas will correct me either way at some point. Ta

Chris - Thanks SO much for your sweet words. Having you say my singing was great means a lot to me. I've got a long way to go, but I feel like I'm taking some small steps. And your zillion track video encouraged me to add more to mine, you're an inspiration. It's funny that you should mention ONJ. Here in Oz her version was big in the 70s (in fact I think I was given the single), but now it's pretty daggy (uncool). Hearing her version in my head actually put me off posting this. I wasn't going to post it except Jim and Stuart started this thread so I figured it was a good opportunity to finish the song. But, I suspect it wasn't her singing that you were finding so delicious.

Jay - Thanks - I'm trying to branch out. I still love those finger picking songs though, in fact I'm working on a new one.

Daryl - WOW yourself. Thanks for the great advice and encouragement. I don't know whether iMovie is capable of all that, but I'll try and find out.

Ness - I'm really glad you loved it. Amazing and surprising, eh? Well that's a good thing. I wouldn't want people to think they know everything about me; I wouldn't want to be predictable. Smiling while on camera...not my forte. I'm good at grimacing though. I'll set the smiling goal up again. Thanks. Oh, and I'm SO looking forward to your Elvis post. I can't wait - crooner or rocker - or a combo?? What will it be?

Al - A big thanks. Big praise from the man who records at a professional level these days. I'm really glad to hear that your father-in-law is doing well and I loved your latest video. Had any offers from the recording executives yet?

Kevin - Thanks. I love getting your Bravo. I'm hoping that you'll be able to square off your differences with the busking up loader soon and load some videos yourself. I could never see too many of them. ta

Kenny - Thanks - the slide was fun. Give it a go and thanks for the singing comment.

Jim - Thanks. And thanks for starting this thread. I hope you didn't mind me jumping in uninvited. I figured it would be OK since you're such a big Dylan fan. Will you be doing more Dylan songs soon?

Mark - A big thanks. I'm glad you liked it. You would love playing with a slide I think.

Bob - Thanks. I think you'd like playing the slide too. It's not hard either - a bonus.

Tony - Thanks mate. I felt more relaxed, I walked out some energy during the day. Hey maybe that's the secret to camera nerves. You're a huge role model re: pushing yourself. I'm just TRYING to keep up.

Willem - Are they the many faces of Willem? Thanks for your sweet words and smilies.

Tammy - Thanks. Well I'm already home, so I had no choice right? I'm super glad you liked it. It's been too long since we've heard your amazing voice.

Chas - Thanks mate. I'm having fun. I love the busking threads. Chris is a genius. How's Lucky Man going?

Thanks again.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic