Busking bob dylan

sws626

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Love the slide, Michele. It's great to hear this song sung so nicely. Now I am really convinced that you need to share a Joan Baez song with us.

-Stuart

reiver

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Michele - really nice to see you enjoying yourself in this video. These busking videos do seem to be quite freeing and I'm sure that it'll pay off for all of us in our future 'serious' videos. But in the meantime - I really enjoyed this! I thought your voice sounded great and your playing supported it really nicely. Looking forward to the next one already!

Stuart

suziko

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Stuart and Jim- Sorry to get to this so late! Somehow I keep missing new videos in the busking threads (even though I thought I subscribed through YT). That looked like a lot of fun to do together. Thanks for posting!

Shel- Wow!! Slide guitar!! Totally cool! You really kept that one up your sleeve :) Was it hard to learn? Did you learn it from TG? I can't remember if there are lessons on slide guitar here! I also thought your voice sounded really nice for this song. I loved it!

michelew

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks everyone.

Stuart - Thanks. Jim suggested a Joan song to me so I'll take a look at that. Why is it that you want me to sing Joan, in particular?

Start - Scottish - Thanks for your sweet words. The busking threads are great. For some reason they are more liberating, maybe it's because we're not asking Neil to scrutinize them. I'm not sure. But, I do feel that I'm learning more by posting more. I'm waiting for you sad Boss song.

Suzi - Thanks. The slide is pretty easy, well the bits I played were. The TG lesson on 'If Not For You' are primarily about how to do the slide sections. You would have absolutely no trouble with it. There are other slide lessons too (Amazing Grace). Thanks for the singing compliment. It's nerve wracking. Maybe next time I'll be able to sing loud enough so that I don't need to cheat by putting another vocal track in.

Thanks

Michele

beaker

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Michelle, I thought your song was great. You have been very busy working at this I am sure... it has really paid off! It was quite ambitious of you to include the slide, but you pulled it off well.
Beaker.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:04 am

michelew wrote:
... The slide is pretty easy, well the bits I played were ...
Huh ? I puttered a bit with the lesson for "If Not For You" last summer (with slide), expecting instant gratification ... not so, at least in my case.

I got the impression that "less is more" when using the slide. I found it difficult to consistently maintain a very light pressure on the slide.
It's like getting used to playing harmonics, I'm not able to do them consistently yet, so I have a healthy respect for a successful use of the slide, as in this video.

Excellent, warm performance, Michele. Also interesting technically.

Pierre

lueders

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 am

Very cool post, Michele I really enjoyed this. Like others have said.. First to post the song. First to go to the bottleneck, and your first double track...Awesome!! Really enjoyed it, Serious Big-time!

jcrocket

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:07 am

Hey all -
Been out of the loop for awhile, but popping in and seeing all these great new busking videos (especially Michele's slide work) has inspired the heck out of me!

Here's one of my favorite Dylan songs, Simple Twist of Fate.

Thanks
Jeff

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:36 am

I really enjoyed your Dylan song..new recording stuff?

rapsidy

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 am

WOW WOW WOW WOW Michele B) B) B) what ever you experimented with worked that sounded brilliant!!! that was awesome honestly no fibbing here :)

absolutely loved that.. well done

Brad

im gonna listen to that again and you tube it loved how you made the guitar sound ( just read everyones comments, slide guitar?? pretty impressive chele, loved the sound) and your vocals were brilliant.. cant compliment you enough on that to me was your best ever..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic