Busking 3 or 4 Chord Songs

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Well this sure is a fun thread! :cheer: :woohoo:

Michele: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) so, my I fulfilled my assignments??? :P :P You're too sweet woman, am very very very thrilled that you liked it!!! :cheer:

Ness
Absolutely! Consider your assignments delivered. You get a high distinction for being arsy enough to aaaaaaallmost deliver all three at once. :)

Oh...BTW...WHEN did I say I "liked" it. B) ... Just "liked", naaah,... "loved", absolutely!

Shel

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 pm

daryl wrote:
Blowing In The Wind (G C D Em).

Real quick and dirty. One take. No DAW. No effects. No mixing. Pretty barebones except for the little help from Katie Melue and friends. ;-)

How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail, before she sleeps in the sand?
How many times must the cannonballs fly, before they're forever banned?

The answer my friend, is blowin in the wind. The answer is blowin in the wind.

How many years can a mountain exist, before it is washed to the sea?
How many years can some people exist, before they're allowed to be free?
How many times can a man turn his head, and pretend that he just doesn't see?

How many times must a man look up, before he can see the sky?
How many ears must one man have, before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take 'till he knows, that too many people have died?

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Daryl,

Great contribution. A classic.

That was REALLY beautiful. You're a clever man.

Thanks for coming back yet again with one we hadn't seen before. Geeeeesh I'm a hard task master. How DO you put up with me. B) ... You really are a fantastic sport.

Lovely.

Shel

suziko

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:33 am

Daryl,

I'm not sure I see the "dirty" in that! Just lovely. I really like that technique you're using with the finger strumming/picking out notes/hammering-on some notes. I'd like to be able to do that! I might be using this video as a tutorial for how to play Blowing in the Wind!

Suzi

daryl

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:47 am

suziko wrote:
Daryl,

I'm not sure I see the "dirty" in that! Just lovely. I really like that technique you're using with the finger strumming/picking out notes/hammering-on some notes. I'd like to be able to do that! I might be using this video as a tutorial for how to play Blowing in the Wind!

Suzi
Wow. Very kind words. Thank you. I'm really an undisciplined player - with improper plucking fingers and all. So be careful how you use my video! I really just play what I feel. I always seem to feel some sort of bass rhythm thing when I play and at times I hear some sort of hammer-on pull-off embellishment thing. I guess the only thing I would say is relax, loosen up (don't be tense in either hand), feel something in the music, and just see what happens.

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Aaah Daryl, very nice indeed! It's been ages since I've heard that song, I even remember the first time I ever heard it and now it reminds me of Forrest Gump, haha! :P However, I like your 'quick and dirty :dry: ', since that's you, thanks! :)

Haoli25: Haha, you're too funny :laugh: , ánd sweet! Thanks so much Bill! :cheer:

Bob: Sorry, laughing again :laugh: :laugh: I can héar you saying so! Then I take it that you liked it, thanks Bob! ;)

Ness

lueders

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Krista & I had so much fun last time, that we thought we would try another one.

(We swore to be a little more professional this time LOL!)
This is an IRON & WINE song called:Naked As We Came

Not surprisingly this title yields some interesting search results on Google...Wowzers!

The song is in drop-D, capoed at the second fret essentially: Dadd9, Em7, Asus2
The baseline meanders a bit on the Em7 stuff ...F#,B creating some brief passing chords but that is about it.

Hope you enjoy, thanks! This was a lot of fun!

Krista & Cori

She says wake up it's no use pretending
I'll keep stealing breathing her
Birds are leaving over Autumn's ending
One of us will die inside these arms

Eyes wide open
Naked as we came
One will spread our
Ashes round the yard

She says if I leave before you darling
Don't you waste me in the ground
I lay smiling like our sleeping children
One of us will die inside these arms

Eyes wide open
Naked as we came
One will spread our
Ashes round the yard

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:18 pm

This thread is a grab-bag of inspiration ... daryl's cool and well measured strumming, Vannessa's joyful wall of sound, Krista and Cori a fine duo with eclectic choice of material :)

I was kinda afraid Cori might sprain his pinky playing "Jane Says" ...

Pierre

tombo1230

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Nice job Daryl, you have a great choice in duet partners.

Krista, Cori, brilliant duet. Very nice playing and the singing was stunning!
First time I've heard that song. :)

Tom N.

michelew

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Krista and Cori - that was breathtakingly beautiful. It choked me up big time. I still have tears in my eyes. Cori your playing was gorgeous and Krista you have the voice of an angel and such sensitive delivery. The two of you make sweet, sweet music indeed. Thank you!

I wholeheartedly agree with Pierre. This is a wall of inspiration. I've REALLY enjoyed watching every one of these videos.

Daryl - it really was a stroke of genius to start the thread off quickly with "I forget to remember to forget her". I'm sure lots of new people hadn't seen it and have been inspired. I retract my "cheating a little" comment. Chalk it up to enthusiasm. I love seeing your videos so much I've become a video hog. I place myself in the TG stocks. Feel free to throw rotten fruit at me. ...Actually, my sun-drenched skin may well benefit from the fruit acid treatment. :)

Nice reminder about the competitions that were too. Besides the member initiated challenges, we haven't seen a TG competition for a long, long while.

TGMatt and TGNeil, are there any competitions planned for this year, any on the drawing board?

I promise to add something soon. I'm currently away from home. I sure have been finding these inspirational though. Thank you!!!!!

Shel

rapsidy

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:00 am

Just wanted to say thanks for those who posted their vids, very entertaining and enjoyable. cori and krista you can feel the happy vibes emanating from your home cool stuff B)

great job folks

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic