Busking Neil Young

michelew

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:47 pm

That's very nice to hear Mark, very happy that you liked it and I agree, i think it's a gréat song as well!

Like I said, Neil only did a preview for this one, doing the intro-lick of course and a variation on that during the verse as well as adding some melody-notes. The variation and the melodynotes he doesn't explain. But listening to Neil Young, the video of him added in this tread he doesn't do it there really, so I've decided to play the introlick only. It's a fun one, it really completes the song!

Thanks again and you should try it out as well, I'm sure you can do it!

MarkM wrote:
Vanessa - You just blew me away with your performance of this song!!! It's one of my favorites. I never thought of playing it but will look into it now. Really great stuff there.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Aaaah, at léast you like them!

Well she's excused as long as she's practising! :P

Next year.....am very curious what next year will bring us...we'll see....at least, as far as TG is concerned, a lót of new guitar-lessons! ;)

michelew wrote:
Ness,

I'm ashamed at the current answer that I would have to give you to your question. So...my answer is "Sorry, Shel is not available at the moment. She's practicing." But, yes I do like NY and CSN&Y.

And I know, I know - I've been late to a lot of TG parties lately. It's the damn work thing ... I have a dream (some call them lotto tickets) so next year could be different. You never know.

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Shel!

I can't believe you're so late to the Neil Young-party! ... Do yóu like Neil Young, or CSN&Y for that matter? Any song of him up your sleeve or in your closet??

jayswett

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Your videos just get better and better and better. Great job by your wife once again.

AcousticAl

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:20 pm

willem wrote:
SAIL AWAY,,A VERY UNKNOWN SONG BY NEIL YOUNG,,IS FROM ''RUST NEVER SLEEPS''

DON'T DROP TO MANY COINT'S

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Great one, Willem! I remember this song from a group singalong you uploaded a long time ago. (that was you,right?)

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:28 am

Vanessa, great video! Your singing is fantastic and your presence is dazzling. And your guitar does sound really good. Nice job!

Willem, great job! Must be a nice rock you live under (Nessi!)

Hup Holland! And... pin a medal on the guy who suggested busking threads! ;-)

Oh, and can we have a whip around for millponddave, lets see if we can't get him an Avatar!! :-)

michelew

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:38 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Oh, and can we have a whip around for millponddave, lets see if we can't get him an Avatar!! :-)
I reckon we could use an avatar drive for all the avatar-less, especially regular contributors. I'd be happy to donate a few pixels. Another great idea Chris! What about a prize too for the person that puts up the best new avatar within the next week? No pressure now.

michelew

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:57 am

You're so sweet Chris ;) , thank you very very much!

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Vanessa, great video! Your singing is fantastic and your presence is dazzling. And your guitar does sound really good. Nice job!

Willem, great job! Must be a nice rock you live under (Nessi!)

Hup Holland! And... pin a medal on the guy who suggested busking threads! ;-)

willem

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:00 am

AcousticAl wrote:
willem wrote:
SAIL AWAY,,A VERY UNKNOWN SONG BY NEIL YOUNG,,IS FROM ''RUST NEVER SLEEPS''

DON'T DROP TO MANY COINT'S

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Great one, Willem! I remember this song from a group singalong you uploaded a long time ago. (that was you,right?)

Al, you are absolute right with you'r memorie,,that were us,,,these are those friend/nights next year more are coming..

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:27 am

Thanks

sws626

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Al, Vaness & Willem,

I can already see this is going to be a terrific thread and you've kicked it off with a great start with some wonderful songs played in true busking spirit and enthusiasm. I've been quiet for a while, but all this great music has inspired me to unpack the video camera again. Hope to join you here with a couple of tunes soon.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic