Busking bob dylan

sws626

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 am

Hi Jeff,

This was absolutely awesome! One of my all time favourites. Loved your singing and relaxed strumming that seemed to always catch just the right collection of strings. The recording setup is working really well for you, too.

-Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:59 am

Jeff! That was sensational! Come out of the singing closet why don't you! Man, I really enjoyed that. You sung that much better than Dylan and the playing was so easy and spot on. I personally think Dylan's singing is crap on most of his songs and I don't think Neil rates his guitar playing too highly but the man CAN write fantastic songs and he is a real word smith... and you interpret this one magnificently with your singing. Congratulations and welcome to the Busker's club.

PS: And just how many more TGers have all that great recording equipment waiting to be used?

rapsidy

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:04 am

Jeff- very very professional sounding B) ... you even sounded like bob.. really good job but i expect it from you now after watching your previous videos :) good to see you back in the loop

really sounded good and professional, im getting jealous now of all you guys and girls getting all techy and sounding good :)

Brad

ffsooo3

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Jeff! That was sensational! Come out of the singing closet why don't you! Man, I really enjoyed that. You sung that much better than Dylan and the playing was so easy and spot on. I personally think Dylan's singing is crap on most of his songs and I don't think Neil rates his guitar playing too highly but the man CAN write fantastic songs and he is a real word smith... and you interpret this one magnificently with your singing. Congratulations and welcome to the Busker's club.

PS: And just how many more TGers have all that great recording equipment waiting to be used?
I have to agree with Chris here. Jeff, that was GREAT! I'm not a Dylan fan and I must say your version was way better than Bobby's. Great sound quality (and I liked your stereo placementof the guitar and vocals)

jimcjimc

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:54 am

Jeff,
I really enjoyed that! Awesome job on the strumming & singing. Good to see so many dylan fans at TG
Jim

michelew

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Jeff,

That was awesom! You even sounded like Dylan, well better actually.

Great performance.

Michele

michelew

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Pierre, Beaker, Cori, Brad, thanks so much for your sweet words and encouragement. It was fun doing it.

Brad - I decided to take your advice. It seems to have paid off. THANKS. BTW - if I can get all techie, you can too.

Thanks y'all.

Michele

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Jeff, As Chris pointed out better than Dylan! really enjoyed that, and that's saying something from a guy whose never been a huge Dylan fan. Would also be interested to learn about your recording set up, certainly comes across very well.

Cheers

Chas

BobR

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Jeff,

Very well done. Your setup sounds really nice.

Thanks for sharing and welcome back to posting :laugh:

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi Jeff, this is a great package, what with guitar technique, vocals, and recording tech.

It's mesmerizing to observe when you are strumming upstrokes or downstrokes, your right hand sure is busy-busy.

Do you already have some other Dylan tunes up your sleeve ?
I guess that I also mean that literally, so many lyrics in Dylan's songs, you've got to keep them somewhere easy to read when you play them.

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic