A long distance collaboration

tovo

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 pm

I've had an idea. (Happens about twice a year) On the site we have plenty of guitarists (funny that) and a few singers. I was thinking about how we might overcome the tyranny of distance and collaborate on a song. The idea I've got is say Al playing 'The Needle and the Damage Done' accompanied by Chris singing. (For example)

So what I don't know is how that can be technically supported? I mean it can't be that hard, music is recorded with individual parts and mixed all the time, so what would we need to do to pull such a thing together?

Perhaps it's a dumb idea (That happens to me every day) but I thought it might result in a very cool video and would be fun.

suziko

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm

I think it's a great idea, Tony, and one I've thought of myself in the past (mostly because I'm a crummy singer and always think things like, "Chris could sing this song."). I have no idea how it could work logistically. Al might be the one to chime in here with some ideas, being the tech-man. But I'd love to collaborate on a song w/someone, or even just see a collaboration done by other TG members!

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Anyone with Vegas, Magix Movie Studio or Moviemaker could mix the video together.

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Have you seen Vitual Zeppelin ,Virtual Beatles or Virtual Purple on You Tube they do this all the time.

suziko

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Oh, and if anyone needs someone to play the broom in their song, I'm all over that!

tovo

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:08 pm

wandoctor wrote:
Anyone with Vegas, Magix Movie Studio or Moviemaker could mix the video together.
Could that anyone be you Wandoctor?

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm game. Can I be the goalie?
Er, it is a soccer team you're sarting, right?

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:40 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I'm game. Can I be the goalie?
Er, it is a soccer team you're sarting, right?
Yes Chris (just humour the poor chap people) you can be the Water Boy!

TGMatt

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:37 pm

uhhh, yes it could be.

If someone would like to colaborate on something, let me know. I'll try anything once.

Make sure you are in tune :)

Record on your webcam or whatever. Let's shoot for 1024 x 768 video for now.

When you have something done, you can send me the video via box.net or something similar.

I'll either sing or record a second guitar part and mix it in.

TGMatt

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:47 pm

These are all fabulous ideas and I am looking forward to the results..

Make sure you post any video in the student channel so we can share it with the world

Cheers

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic