'Hey Anton!' by Anton and AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 pm

I mentioned in Anton's thread / upload of 'Hey Joe' that I enjoyed playing along with his version. So he suggested I make a recording of that-- so here it is.

Just messing around really, but it was fun to do.
And good to upload a new video!!
B)

**Note- I replaced the video with a split screen of both of us playing.

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Hello Al.

That sound great my friend.

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:23 pm

This is a very good idee,fore other guitar players.
greet Anton

michelew

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Sweet or is that SWWEEEETT! Me thinks that might also be a little inspired by TG's own LDC.

And the next wave of collaborations begins.

Thanks for that Al. It's good to see what's possible.

Michele

wrench

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm

LDC II? Super-Cool, Al.

Now that's THREE Hey Joe's in a few days, so now I gotta go work on it. Man I like that song.

Al, thanks for sharing your technical creativity. You're always raising the bar, and always paving the way for us. Could any of the 30k+ TG members imagine this stuff a year ago?

Dan

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:33 pm

michelew wrote:
Sweet or is that SWWEEEETT! Me thinks that might also be a little inspired by TG's own LDC.

And the next wave of collaborations begins.

Thanks for that Al. It's good to see what's possible.

Michele

I should have mentioned a huge shout out to LDC and Tony for originally having this idea. I didn't want this post to be too involved though, as I don't have lots of time right now.

MarkM

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Al,

Good job!!! That was fun to watch. Nice fret board play as well up the neck. I agree with Michele that this could be a new trend for some lead practice. Great idea. Thanks for posting.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:38 pm

MarkM wrote:
Al,

Good job!!! That was fun to watch. Nice fret board play as well up the neck. I agree with Michele that this could be a new trend for some lead practice. Great idea. Thanks for posting.

MarkM

Thanks Mark. I wanted my playing to be a bit different than Anton's so you could tell who was who-- so I just messed around with barre chords. I also did some arpeggios at the end to mix it up as well. Wide open really.

I'm glad Anton gave me the green light to record it. I probably wouldn't have done it otherwise.

haoli25

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Al, how could you?!?!?!?! You left off that really cool bass line for 'Hey Anton'. :laugh:

Good performance by both of you.

Bill

suziko

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Al (and Anton!),

That was so much fun to watch! And what a great idea. I was just lamenting to a friend that I really don't have any more-experienced-than-me guitar-playing friends to jam with. Can't believe I never thought about jamming with some of my TG friends in their videos posted here.

Loved your additions, too- the barres and arpeggios.

Well done, guys!!! Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic