'Hey Anton!' by Anton and AcousticAl

d_dog

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:08 pm

That's really cool I think you've started a new trend here. I like it.

dekotaj

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Good job AL.Aways nice to see someone do something a little differnt.Helps keep us all thinking.And sounded real good toghter.Bravo!!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Great idea Al... another TG first!

dennisg

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:25 pm

That was a lot of fun. Al, you have my permission to do that with any of my songs. I expect to hear you singing harmony.

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:31 pm

AcousticAl wrote:

I should have mentioned a huge shout out to LDC and Tony for originally having this idea. I didn't want this post to be too involved though, as I don't have lots of time right now.
And kudos to you Al for expanding on the idea. It's great to see the bar being continuously raised and new ideas coming to the fore.

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:33 pm

dennisg wrote:
That was a lot of fun. Al, you have my permission to do that with any of my songs. I expect to hear you singing harmony.
Hi Dennis,

I think that's the key-- asking for, and receiving someone's permission to do it. I guess on the same lines, not taking offense if they say no for whatever reason.

Like I said earlier- the thought hadn't crossed my mind until Anton suggested I record myself playing along with his track.

I also wasn't sure where to post it. I'm not really looking for feedback on my playing-- just on the idea itself. Maybe we need a new student upload category if this takes off?

BigJim- have I just made more work for you?
Sorry dude.

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:08 pm

You know- I can see taking this even further.

Picture a message board on TG where you put up a virtual ad saying what you play-- or what you'd like to play along with.

For example:
"Looking for someone to play the rhythm track on Angie for me to practice lead with."

Another thought would be a checkbox on your existing video to say if it's ok for anyone to play/post with it or not. Or just friends?

Just throwing spaghetti against the wall here- but it sounds cool.

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:10 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
You know- I can see taking this even further.

Picture a message board on TG where you put up a virtual ad saying what you play-- or what you'd like to play along with.

For example:
"Looking for someone to play the rhythm track on Angie for me to practice lead with."

Another thought would be a checkbox on your existing video to say if it's ok for anyone to play/post with it or not. Or just friends?

Just throwing spaghetti against the wall here- but it sounds cool.
I've got another idea as well Al. How hard would it have been for you to take Anton's original video, and do a picture in picture with your video? That way we could see Anton and you at the same time. Not hard surely? (says the guy who isn't sure how to do it) Or I'm sure we could merge them side by side pretty easily.

d_dog

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Al and Tovo I like those ideas. Maybe we'll see a main Forum Topic called "Collaboration" where this can all take place. Anything posted there is fair game?

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:22 pm

d_dog wrote:
Al and Tovo I like those ideas. Maybe we'll see a main Forum Topic called "Collaboration" where this can all take place. Anything posted there is fair game?
That could sure work Dog. if you put your video there you are happy for people to use it to play along with and post. I'm sure people would tend to correspond directly with the video owner anyway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic