Collaboration-- looking for a simpler way.

TGMatt

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 am

Im thinking two cans...piece of string...

Chasplaya

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:51 am

I'm gonna buy AVS its overlay function built in drag and drop so much easier if I read it correctly that is. Then slide to align etc etc

TGMatt

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:10 am

Dont like my string and can idea mate ?

Worked for McGuyver

AndyT

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 am

I have to say, next to MM, AVS is incredibly easy. You can add unlimited PIPs and they can each have independent motion tracks. It takes literally, moments to make the 4 or 5 clicks to do it in AVS.

AVS is so much easier than MM, I'm surprised anyone still uses MM. If I were Bill Gates, I'd cut a deal with AVS and offer it as a part of Windows in the future and dump MM out with the trash.

tovo

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:25 am

AndyT wrote:

AVS is so much easier than MM, I'm surprised anyone still uses MM. If I were Bill Gates, I'd cut a deal with AVS and offer it as a part of Windows in the future and dump MM out with the trash.
I agree Andy AVS looks a very good product. If I were Bill Gates, I would be wondering if I picked the right guy to run my company:

jayswett

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:15 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Here are the steps I went through to get picture in picture.

- Download Anton's youtube clip to my computer
- Import Anton's clip into MovieMaker (or AVS)

How did you download a youtube clip to your hard drive? I can obviously play a youtube clip on my computer, but how do you save a copy on your hard drive? Also, can anyone give me a figure regarding the cost of AVS?

RicksPick

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 am

Hi Jay

This is what I use to download youtube it's free and easy to use (PC)

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

RicksPick

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I'm gonna buy AVS its overlay function built in drag and drop so much easier if I read it correctly that is. Then slide to align etc etc

Hey Chas,

AVS does seem simpler than MM (even with my limited exposure to it). But I would suggest downloading the trial version first to make sure your system can use it. It wouldn't work on Willem's system, but it is older.

willem

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:21 am

jayswett wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

How did you download a youtube clip to your hard drive? I can obviously play a youtube clip on my computer, but how do you save a copy on your hard drive? Also, can anyone give me a figure regarding the cost of AVS?
Jay,, with (free download) www.any-video-converter.com you can download from YT,,download and convert (many options//avi/mp3.wmv..etc)

AVS,,you can purchase that for a cople of monhts $39,, look at your computer system if you can work with that,, mine was to old..

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:25 am

jayswett wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

I used www.zamzar.com
In step 1- make sure you click on the url button-- then paste the youtube link in there. Then I chose .wmv as the format. They e-mail you the converted file once it's done-- takes about 10 mins or so.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic