Collaboration-- looking for a simpler way.

RicksPick

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Congrats Al

From a few of those 1000 you helped me

RicksPick

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 am

You can alwasy use the Add-On for Firefox called Downloadhelper it so easy , just search DownloadHelper , then to use it it is a simple one click action.

heyjoe

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 am

Congrats on the 1000 AL, you're full of uselful information. Our videos would be a poorer without your help.

Thanks

Joe

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 am

AcousticAl wrote:
At the risk of losing Chas- here's what you need to do if you want picture in picture (side by side) effect in MovieMaker.

The following link walks you through how to add certain effects to MovieMaker.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/71BB8E09 ... maker.aspx

What he does is what I had to do to get the split effect in my video. You only have to do it once, then the effect is always available in your system.

Note- you don't need to go to the website they mention in the video. I have pasted the code below. Just copy and paste it to your system when necessary for the side by side effect. When you save it- call it sidebyside.xml It will then be available in your MovieMaker program.

Hi again.

Hey Joe wrote me and said that the code above didn't work for him on his system. I'm going to delete mine and re-do it and see if it works for me. Perhaps something got changed in the copy/pasting that I did? Will get back to y'all.

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:50 am

Bingo!

It was wrong-- for whatever reason, during the copy/paste function a few '--' were added. I'll go back and edit the posts I can to correct it- but here is the proper code. Sorry for the confusion.

Joe- let me know if it works for you now.

heyjoe

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 am

Hi Al

Didnt work this time either, not sure why, I'm saving the code as sidebyside.xml then transferring it to AddonTFX.

Then restarting WMM and looking in titles/credits, transitions and effects and its not showing.

Maybe me having Vista 32 bit and WMM 6.0 means the xml code should be different?

I'll keep trying to get it sorted, more WMM to look at!

Thanks for all the help, even though this isn't working yet ( and in time it will), I've learned a lot about xml and the things you can do with it.

Joe

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:16 am

heyjoe wrote:
Hi Al

Didnt work this time either, not sure why, I'm saving the code as sidebyside.xml then transferring it to AddonTFX.

Then restarting WMM and looking in titles/credits, transitions and effects and its not showing.

Maybe me having Vista 32 bit and WMM 6.0 means the xml code should be different?

I'll keep trying to get it sorted, more WMM to look at!

Thanks for all the help, even though this isn't working yet ( and in time it will), I've learned a lot about xml and the things you can do with it.

Joe

Joe and I have also been talking via pm. We're wondering if the problem has something to do with him running Vista. I'm running XP Pro. I'd be curious if anyone else out there running XP would have the same problem as Joe. Also, I'm using MM 5.1.

Anyone running XP out there that's daring enough to try the .xml install?

heyjoe

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Al

Just Pm'd you about this as well. The xml code for XP and Vista are different, so it wont work on vista. From what I'm reading on some movie maker forums, the xml code for 32 bit vista differs to 64 bit vista.

Also, the version of WMM you are using has to be taken into account as well, different code for different versions!

With that, I'm off to do some filling in, woodwork that needs to be done.

Thanks for all the help.

Joe

Catman

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Anyone running XP out there that's daring enough to try the .xml install?
I'll try it out this weekend.
David

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
At the risk of losing Chas- here's what you need to do if you want picture in picture (side by side) effect in MovieMaker.
Lol, don't worry about losing me, i'm not attempting this road, I'm purchasing AVS it looks like the whole deal and I think it does what I want by drag and drop function. I generally get lost right after pressing 'Start' button ....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic