Collaboration video - "Needle and the Damage Done" by Tovo and AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Another kick at the can at collaboration videos!! Here's Tony (from Australia) and Al (from Canada) playing 'Needle and the Damage Done'. I put it in this category, as I think this is where Neil suggested I put the last one I did with Anton.

I combined the two videos using the free trial version of AVS (hence the watermark in the middle of the screen). Whatev. Didn't affect the video for our purposes.

Let us know what you think.

Cheers Tony.. It was a blast!!

dennisg

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Wonderful. I loved every freaking second of it!

suziko

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah, play it Al! ;)

I agree with Dennis- that was so fun to watch. You both sound great! I love Tony's voice in this (so different from his voice in Into My Arms) and of course Al's playing is just gold, as always.

You guys are inspiring!

Suzi

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Way cool guys! Watched it on YT before it got here. Great stuff, is AVS as simple as it appears to be?

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Way cool guys! Watched it on YT before it got here. Great stuff, is AVS as simple as it appears to be?

It is quite user friendly, Chas. Ask specific questions as they come up and I (or others I'm sure) will try to help. I only started using the program, but Andy seems to have a good grasp on it, as does MJ.

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks

RicksPick

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Guys top notch

I could just see you both on stage.
Great performance

RicksPick

jim56

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Well done guys, I'm green with envy, :lol:

BigBear

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Nice job you two! Al, excellent pickin' and Tony, great singing!. How do you turn off that Ozzie accent? And I miss the hat mate!

Really a superb collaberation! Congrats you two! :cheer:

tovo

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:10 pm

On behalf of Al I say thanks to those who have commented. Despite having done a few videos now I still get really worried that there will be stone cold silence with everyone thinking, "man that sucks...how do we tell him?" I can't speak for Al on that point.

We did notice a little lag between the videos. I recorded in .mov (apple format) then converted to .mp4 for Al to use. He used .wmv so that's probably why, but neither of us thought it was a big deal.

Dennis thanks. I guess that means you liked it!

Suzi I was trying to sound Canadian eh! lol. (Not really, was just trying to sound OK to be honest)

Chas thanks man.

Thereshopeyet. I laughed at your comment, thanks.

Rick I don't think we are quite ready for the stage but it's good fun for sure.

Thanks Jim appreciate it mate.

Bear, I do like that hat. My Dad hates it. But I couldn't get it on over the headphones! lol. Thanks for your comment.

I forgot to say that Al's playing on this is really, really great and he is such a pleasure to work with.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic