Collaboration video - "Needle and the Damage Done" by Tovo and AcousticAl

TGMatt

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Well done boys..

Tony - You really must spend some time back in OZ, to regain your accent..

Al - I think its time for you to start fisherman or something similar your playing is getting that good..

COngrats ..cant wait to see what you have in store for the competition

dekotaj

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 pm

BRAVO!!Gentleman,

A good performance by both of you guys,Al Ive been working on this song so got and ideal what it takes.Alot of single notes to hit on the run.You did a darn good job of it.Tony enjoyed the singing as always.Al another good job on putting it all together.I got the feeling it a labor of love for you.AL,TONY Once again BRAVO!!

Kevin

heatndude

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Hey guys that is great, both the singing and guitar playing. I was watching as my vid was loading, boy I suck compared to that. Means I just have to try harder and practice more to catch up to the Aussie crowd. AL great job picking there, looks like Neil may have some competition soon WOW !!

Mark

rsg99

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Well done

scotta

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Excellent job guys!

Al-Great guitar work! I started working on that song awhile back but got bogged down and put it away. Now you've got me itching to get back on it. I hope I can do it as much justice as you have.

Tony-I fully agree with everybody else. Great vocal! You're getting this singing thing down pat.

Since I joined TG, I have been constantly amazed at the amount of talent I've seen from the members here. And I'm not just talking musically, but also the knowledge to put together these long distance collaborations and other videos for all of us to enjoy and everything else that makes TG more than the average "guitar lessons" web site. Thank you for your efforts. Keep up the good work!

Scott

scotta

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Sweet! Your guys are an awesome duo! Nancy

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:31 pm

Hey now! Sorry, was out for a while.

Carpet, MarkM, Reiver, Marc, Damian, Craig (I think that's all the people from the 1st page)- thanks for taking the time to watch and comment. Tony and I were not only wanting to collaborate on a song, we were hoping that our video might inspire others to collaborate as well. I know there are a few people thinking about dippin' their toes in.. DO IT! The water's just fine.

Will go to the next page to see other comments.

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks Matt. I thought Tony's accent would come through more as well. I think I heard it when he said 'Play it Al'!

Kevin- As you know, it's not an easy piece. As it is, I missed some of the hammer on's and would have changed a few things, but oh well. I actually did MANY takes before I settled on the one I used. I look forward to hearing your version when it's ready. As far as a labour of love-- depends what mood I'm in that day. ;)

Mark- Thanks. I look forward to seeing your video! We're all our own harshest critics.

Scott- You're right, Tony is really nailing the singing. Maybe I should step up. The singers get all the groupies!

rsg99 and Nancy- Thanks for your comments.

tovo

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:21 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Thanks Matt. I thought Tony's accent would come through more as well. I think I heard it when he said 'Play it Al'!

Scott- You're right, Tony is really nailing the singing. Maybe I should step up. The singers get all the groupies!
Well can I just add a couple of things, first and most important I have heard AL sing and it's not bad at all. Second, the reason I have heard Al sing is because after I sent him the first effort he had to come back to me cause I was in the wrong key, and his example was pretty good. So I look forward to him stepping up to sing.

Third, Needle and the Damage Done in a broad Aussie accent would NOT be cool. Saying "Play it Al" in a broad Aussie accent wouldn't be cool either...it was a bit of a hybrid. If I sound American I'd kinda like to know where I sound like I'm from. (cue the sarcastic responses! ;) )

cosmicmechanic

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 am

I'm wondering about the positioning of the cameras relative to the architecture of the rooms in which these were recorded.

Each of you had the (seemingly spontaneous) intuition to pose near a corner of the room, which breaks the monotony of a blank wall.

I'm wondering if this was orchestrated to convey deeper meaning ... Al's room corner was always just grazing one side of his neck while Tony's room corner was actually making serious intersection with his noggin (could split it in half).

Are you doing ok, Tony? Is Al missing out on something? Should we play the video backwards to find out?

By the way guys, I listened to it a couple times ... was SPECIAL nice, thanks.

You guys are inspiration for me (or anyone else) to upload something "loose" soon enough.

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic