Collaboration on Elton John's Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Catman

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Andy,

Please look at your email. My home computer died, but I should have a new one before the weekend. I can do the new bass tracks then.

David

AndyT

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:55 am

Got it David.

Blog Update. Mixology 201.

AndyT

Sun May 09, 2010 4:10 am

David,
That was beautiful!

Mark and Craig!
You're up! Incoming PM.

HA! Bet you folks thought I forgot huh? Not a chance!
It's sounding just perfect so far. You're going to love it Chris.

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 11, 2010 5:33 am

Just want to give everyone a heads up on 4shared.... can't access the site properly as it's all in Japanese with a smattering of French. Now my French could get me by in a restaurant but my Japanese......
It could be that they have been hacked so I'm not touching the files that I can see there at the moment. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

MarkM

Tue May 11, 2010 8:14 am

Just checked the site and everything looks fine. It's all in English as before.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 11, 2010 8:34 am

Maybe a Firefox issue. I am able to access with IE ... not that I like to do that! ;-) Thanks for checking!

AndyT

Tue May 11, 2010 11:38 pm

On occasion I have trouble with Firefox. Its always just my cache getting full. Just clear it and hopefully you should be good to go. I've never had any other real problem with FF.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 12, 2010 3:07 am

Thanks for the tips guys... cashe was ok Firefox is ok so the whole thing had me er, foxed until I understood enough Japanese ( :S :woohoo: ) to find the language selector and setting to English solved it. NO idea why it was suddenly set to Japanese no matter how I went to the site.

AndyT

Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 am

No wakarimas nihong go ga?
Hmm... And here I thought you were so ... Cosmopolitan. LOL

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:03 am

Elton has not left the building. He was having a rather long snooze in the corner and we’ve just given him a rude awakening!

For all of you who were closely following this thread and posting encouragement, I must apologise sincerely for the long silence. We were not able to publish a result due to a number of reasons. I think it’s important to remember at this point that we are all just hobby guitarists trying to do things in our spare time and we are spread across the globe with our everyday lives taking priority. I for one had no time April through July to do anything at all. Most of us got our files in by the first week of April and Andy was hunkered down in Hawaii with the video mixing for a while but for one reason or another we couldn’t progress and suddenly none of us had enough time to do anything. Life kicked in. Anyway, 4 months later, we are near completion with the sound track mixed and ready for syncing with video (no peaking!).

The following members have contributed in a big way to this project: Stuart (SWS626), MarkM, Jay, Tammy, Andy, David (Catman), and Craig. I really have to thank them for their work and patience. Even though this project ended up spread out over half a year (although I thought a couple of months would do it easily) it has still been a lot of fun and I learned a lot in the process. So thanks everyone for holding your breath so long… the next post from me here will be the final cut . . . I hope it will be worth the waiting. ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic