Collaboration on Elton John's Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

MarkM

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 am

Andy,

Let me know if you need them sent again.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 am

So Andy is locked in his basement recording studio with a week's supply of coffee and doughnuts and we all wait with bated breath and pace the TG corridors wondering if it is a boy or a girl?! Good luck Andy and thanks so much for taking this on!

PS: And yes, it is spelt bated breath and not baited. I checked! Related to the verb Abate according to Webster's.

sws626

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Enjoyed your blog entry, Andy. Thanks again for volunteering to pull this altogether.

-Stuart

AndyT

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 am

Thanks Stuart.
I was able to download everything and I have a first test ready to send to Chris. Now I just need to get him online in Yahoo IM or MS Messenger so I can transfer the file to him and we can discuss it.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:22 am

AndyT wrote:
Thanks Stuart.
I was able to download everything and I have a first test ready to send to Chris. Now I just need to get him online in Yahoo IM or MS Messenger so I can transfer the file to him and we can discuss it.
Online and eager ... and it's only 02:00 hrs in Paradise so Andy won't even be thinking of going to bed yet!

EDIT
One hour later we are exchanging files and expectations mount..... good job Andy doesn't need any sleep at all! :woohoo:

EDIT2:

Okee dokee. Just got off the line to Paradise Recording Studios, Hawaii and the mix so far sounds pretty good, Andy is earning his spurs. Some nice guitar playing with Stu, Craig and Mark playing a solid basic track and Jay's picking really comes though and adds a nice dimension. Of course, we are all playing the same part more or less as Andy points out in his blog. Dave's bass sounded cool on the basic track ....but something goes astray when it's all mixed together and now it seems hard to get the timing perfect. Andy feels we need some drums. So we are re listening to the tracks and having a think and Andy will blog on what he's doing. Meanwhile I will re-do my vocal track (I can hear that my timing is off in places). And this is the moment that anyone else who'd like to sing on it could join in. I'm also wondering if somehow, I have frightened off any other potential singer as no other vocal track was posted. I'd feel bad about that if it's the case. Just let us know......

AndyT

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 am

Ok, All contributors please read and respond to may latest blog (Mixology 103)
Thank you!

And Suzi, Michelle, Tammy, Izzy... Its time for you ladies to join the backing choir!

sws626

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:03 am

Hi Andy,

Just read your blog and am happy to re-record against a drum track if you get one. Do you want us all to record against the drum track, or shall go in order (i.e., drums, rhythm guitars, vocals, other guitars)?

Stuart

rcsnydley

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:47 am

Please, let me know if you decide to re-record with a drum track. Maybe if I have some more time to work on this I can find some quiet time to do a vocal part as originally planned.

Thanks

MarkM

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:53 am

Ditto for me. I played along with the midi/Chris singing version in my headphones. I'm hoping I'm not out of time but you never know.

MarkM

Craig

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:13 am

I can redo with a drum track or whatever you need me to do. Just let me know.
Thanks,
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic