HERE COMES THE SUN (sing along with Dennis)

dennisg

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Bear: Better late than never. I've always enjoyed singing harmonies. I'm not a good person to have in a choir because I get bored always singing the same part and like to wander around to see what it feels like to try out different parts.

Morten: Seattle is definitely not flat. I'm reminded of that every time I get on my bicycle.

MJ: Whenever I pull out my guitar, my dog Wally runs out of the room. I try not to let it affect my self-image. I'm happy to hear that you sang along with the song. I love it when people sing, and I'll do almost anything to encourage them, including posting a sing-along. If more people let me know that they're actually singing along, I'll post another one in the future. By the way, I'm living proof that any idiot can wear a hat.

Chris: Ah, the VIDEO was full of sunshine! I can cancel that appointment now. Chris, I can't tell you how much I love the fact that you recorded your voice alongside mine. I love singing with people, and this is the first time I've sung harmony on this song. I have to say that the two voices together sounded really good and blended nicely. Please feel free to tinker with any song I ever upload -- although very few of them will be as well-known as this one. Thanks for doing that.

Mark: I couldn't agree more. Chris's voice was just what the song needed.

Tony: No worries, mate. Tell you what, though, when you come to Seattle, we'll sing it together.

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:30 pm

The phantom singer strikes again!! Way to go Chris and Dennis!

Really fun-- I'm lovin' these collaborations!!

(can I have more exclamation marks?! Yes I can!!!)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Dennis set this up so well with his virtuosity of voice and guitar, it's easy to sing along with someone like that! Thanks for all the kind comments, Mark Michele, Al and Suzie. Tony's right, Dennis is pretty amazing on this.
Suzie... sing with you any time... my pleasure! ;-)

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks

izzyhara

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Hey Dennis..... sorry I am late commenting as well. That was just too much fun !!! I swear when I first signed on to TG, most of the videos were ..... well....... different. Now it seems like everyone is letting us get to know them. I DID sing along. We sounded excellent together !!! Could you tell me as a PM maybe what you are using as a mic and for your recording? I want a recording studio like yours.... Your home is lovely, and it was a gorgeous day in Seattle. Good inspiration for the song. Everytime I watch someone get creative on their video, it just expands my creativity to new levels. Thanks again for sharing.... the hat??? Well, not so much. But I think I will get a guitar hat too.... I'll see if I can get something equally .... uh.... unique!!!
Izzy

izzyhara

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 pm

And then like the ditz that I am, I missed the one (until just now) with Chris singing along. For some reason my brain can't figure out how you did that !!! Really super nice tho.... to both of you. Man, this place is getting pretty sophisticated. Pretty soon I will be out of the running cuz I won't be able to keep up with the technology.
Nice job guys. What a great way to end my long looooooooooong stressful work day. Iz

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 pm

Well how does one top that eh, Room with a view, cute dog, Millinery fashion parade and some dude playing guitar and another guy with a pseudo Swiss accent chiming in... Love that bit where its like wading in freezing cold water and the octave goes up!

Seriously guys very impressive, the bar is officially set way too high for me, but keep em coming love every minute of it. Not surprised about the wee flub fingers must be getting tired after that workout, but hey true professional you kept going and no major grimace either!!

PS (edit) If you think i'm gonna show my house you are seriously mistaken two of us work full time and the third is 16yrs of age and seriously untidy you could say our house although very nice has the lived in look! Euphemism for grossly untidy lol!!!

Again whole pizza parlour to you guys

dennisg

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:04 am

Al, Chris and THY: Thanks very much.

Izzy: I'm very happy to hear that you sang along and that we sounded pretty good together. Oh, and check your PM.

Chas: About that flub -- I've never once played the song all the way through without a major mistake. As I was nearing the end of the song, I remember thinking to myself, "Hey, I'm almost home free with no mistakes!" And -- boom! -- there it was.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic