HERE COMES THE SUN (sing along with Dennis)

Catman

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 am

Can't sing along 'coz I'm at work :( I am really impressed by your ability to sing harmony without the main voice while playing the accompaniment. And a really sweet falsetto, too.

Well done, my friend!

David

dennisg

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your generosity, support, and encouragement. That's what keeps me posting.

Mark: Sorry about all the snow you folks have had this year. We've been having our mildest winter in years here in Seattle. Yeah, the song is a bit harder than it looks. Your right hand never gets a chance to lie on a hammock and sip a cold one. The effect you noticed was reverb.

Tony: You really need to quit drinking tea when you read my posts. You'll save yourself a fortune on replacement keyboards. And that right there is exactly the reason I don't drink tea. That "minor flub," as you put it, really bugs me, but my right hand just went spastic on me toward the end of the song, and I had nothing left.

Bob: The sun actually shines here a lot more than people think. But, to be honest, if this region's weather were any nicer, we'd have a ridiculously large population. I'd actually like to drive part of the existing herd away. One more burp out of Mt. St. Helens, and that just may happen.

Pierre: Oddly, singing falsetto is very easy on me. It's everything else that's difficult. My next song will, unfortunately for all of you, have lots of falsetto in it. The song is right in Chris's range -- not mine. Not that the four notes I'm able to comfortably hit constitute a "range."

Suzi: I'm glad to hear that you grin while watching my videos. Have you been hitting the nitrous oxide bottle again?

Michele: After watching your "Scarborough Fair" and "Hallelujah" videos, I can safely say you won't have any trouble with "Here comes the sun."

Jay: After I posted the video, I regretted showing the view from my house. I don't want people to get the impression that I'm flaunting my home; what I was trying to do was use the sun on the Olympic Mountains as a way to set up my song. I'm not sure I succeeded at that.

Reiver: Yeah, once you've seen the mountains, there's really no point in coming to Seattle. By the way, Jamie will star in another video in the near future. She doesn't know it yet, so we'll just keep it between you and me.

Al: Any couch you want. Don't be surprised if Wally licks your feet during the night. Wally's my dog, by the way, just in case you thought he might be a relative.

Chris: Really? My ass is full of sunshine? I'll have to ask my proctologist about that during my next colonoscopy. By the way, I would love for you to have sung, too. I think of you and your wonderful vocal range every time i try to shriek out a high note. I'm confused, though -- are you saying that you couldn't sing along to my version because it's in too high a key?

BigBear

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Dennis- sorry I'm late to comment on your video but outstanding! Great job! I loved you guitar playing. And your Taylor sounded wonderful!

I especially liked your singing harmony on verse two. That's not easy to do with out another singer to sing against.

Well done my friend. Your videos have been both wonderful to watch and an inspiration to what is possible. I really look forward to your next one!

Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

mort2989

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Hej Dennis

beautyful song and realy that´s lovely place you live!!!

Morten Lind - from Denmark where it´s flat_____-___ ;)

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Dennis:

Just got a chance to check out the song. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. One of my favorite songs. Really glad you played the more original version as well (I am rather partial to this version). I have to admit that I found my self singing along despite my best efforts not to do so.....:).

One:

Loved the view from your house! The mountains were beautiful that day. I have two friends that live up there and they just said the same thing about the clear weather the other day. What a welcome day for you guys. When the sun does come out up there, it is a spectacular view.

Two:

Dug the hat. Need to get myself one of those. Don't know if I can pull it off like you and Tony though..... ;)

Your playing was very good and I am quite jealous of your confidence. You are really becoming quite the musician. I look forward to your wit and your guitar playing. Keep up the good work. I will probably watch the video again so I can sing along once more. Hopefully your puppy won't cringe too much as I let loose from here in Ventura..... :woohoo:

Bravo!!!!!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm

I meant your video was full of sunshine Dennis! ;-) (I've edited the comment!).
What I meant was.... that was a very smart video, the singing was really good, holding the harmony on your own and changing from one to the other... you must know that song inside out. The falsetto was really amazing! Really fun.

As it was 7:30 in the morning here and I was just stoking up on the coffee, I couldn't sing along with it at all.... however, this evening I listened again and had a quick go at it..... ;-)

MarkM

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Just watched this. FAN....freaking.....Tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great before but with Chris's voice added...Man that was sweet. You guys should quit your day jobs and enjoy this full time. GREAT JOB to both of you!!!!

MarkM

suziko

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Dennis and Chris- Bravo!!! I loved listening to that. Great idea, Chris. Next time, will you join me on a sing-along?

michelew

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 pm

WOW - the two of you sound great together. That was especially fun to watch.

tovo

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Dennis I just wanted to return to this briefly. I was way off base with my first comments on the key and the pitch. I missed that you were singing the 2nd verse as a harmony and I feel a bit of a twat for that, after all you said it right up front. I must have been too busy checking out my Seattle bed and breakfast. However I would really love to see you do another version because whilst it was all good, the first verse, in my (increasingly) humble opinion was fantastic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic