Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am

Sounded professional to me!

Great Vocals

Jay, i liked how you picked out the little lead section

Would luv to see more!!!!

Snipe

tom18

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 am

Let me add my congratulations as well. Terrific collaboration. Bravo!
Tom

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 am

Well you just can't take a day or two off at TG can you... look at what you may miss! That was excellent Tammy and Jay! Magnificent job! I just loved the way you sang and played that Tammy. And Jay, that was just rock solid picking and solo work, fantastic job all round. Tammy needs a microphone... no way your voice shouldn't be right up front. Damn fine job!

jayswett

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks all. The problem I had in putting the two videos together was that I could not increase the volume of Tammy's voice alone. Increasing the volume of her audio increased the volume of the rhythm guitar to the point that everything else was overpowered. I'll spend some time today playing with the video to see if I can improve it somehow. Al, I will visit the Techies group and post some comments.

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 am

jayswett wrote:
Thanks all. The problem I had in putting the two videos together was that I could not increase the volume of Tammy's voice alone. Increasing the volume of her audio increased the volume of the rhythm guitar to the point that everything else was overpowered. I'll spend some time today playing with the video to see if I can improve it somehow. Al, I will visit the Techies group and post some comments.

Maybe next time, try having Tammy record the vocals separately. Then you'd have total control of levels in editing.

jayswett

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Yes. I agree that would solve the problem. Her singing was truly sensational, and it's a shame this aspect of the video could not be highlighted more effectively. As I mentioned, though, I will see if AVS or audacity has some tricks that will allow for modification of the audio a bit. The other thing that would have been nice to do with this video was to increase the volume of my guitar for the solo portion only. The combination of the two guitars was just about right for the whole piece, but for the solo portion, it would have made sense to try increase the volume for my guitar alone. As I read Dennis' comment, that thought came to me as something that would be fairly easy to accomplish (most likely).

BobR

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Jay / Tammy

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE.....

That was fabulous. Excellent job by both of you, vocals, guitar, all around great job.

Bob

wammer

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. Jay was truley my inspiration. The first time he posted this I found myself singing out loud. It really was great fun. I knew my guitar was going to be too loud and that is why I tried to finger strum to lighten it a little. Sooooooooooo then I figured I would look into a usb mic. today while driving down the road it hits me I already have one from Guitar Hero DUH!!! So now to learn how to run AVS..........

Thanks again everyone

izzyhara

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

suziko wrote:
[quote]Tammy and Jay,

I'm speechless. This is perfect. Really. Ok, maybe the vocals could have been louder, but that is such a minor thing and really they were fine. Just beautiful in all respects.

Ditto what Suz said. Tammy you have a great voice which works really well on this song for sure !! Jay, nice picking. And please post how you did that in the Techie's group. Virtual jamming !! How cool is that ???
Kudos to both...
Izzy

wrench

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Prodigious.

Jay, if you aren't the hardest working and most improved player in TG, I don't know who is. Masterful, my friend.

Tammy, who are you, really? I know you're a brand new super proud GrandMom, but really, who are you? You simply have the voice of a siren (the Greek kind, not the fire truck kind).

You really hit it outta the park, guys.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic