Collaboration - Two of Us - MarkM & D_Dog

suziko

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Guys- that was great. I loved watching the two of you together and the song came out really nice. Looked like a fun time, too. Inspiring!

Suzi

tovo

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 pm

I really don't know what to say. It's just great. Very professionally done. Bravo.

willem

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:51 pm

FABELOUS....

MarkM

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks everyone!!!!!

This was so much fun!! What a process. I really want to thank Damian for working with me on this and especially for spending hours putting all the audio and video tracks together. He did an awesome job. And you hear his singing????? Fantastic.

I really can't answer allot of the tech details on how he put it together so he'll be better to answer those. As far as my part, I recorded the guitar part (it seems so long ago now) before I got the mic/Audacity set up. The audio from that was picked up strait from the camera. Once he got a hold of that he then sent me a file of his guitar part added and also his vocal. I then put that audio file into Audacity and then had a go at singing. Here is where it got interesting. For the life of me I thought that I would be the lower singer as there was no way I could do it. I must have sang this song a 100 times in the car to try and figure out a way to do it. Well when I got Damians track I had to raise my pitch to get close to where it wouldn't suck. I just set up his track in Audacity and then had that playing in my headphones while I sang into the mic, recording it on another track. I had 4 different versions of this and sent them over with the four matching video files. I liked what the two voices together sounded like as they seemed to create this, almost, 3rd voice in the harmony. Lets be honest here. Damian's singing was so good that it made mine sound better than it really is.

A great deal was learned, certainly by me, in this process. I had a great time working with him on this and now I offically got the bug. I'm glad you all liked it. Now I have to get cracking on finishing up the Elton song and then try to win a guitar.........

MarkM

izzyhara

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Oh my gosh!!!! This was the coolest thing EVER !!! I am never putting up a video of just me and my guitar ever again. How boring compared to this. Awesome collaboration and just such a joyous song for sure. My work has been really hard, total drudgery. Right now I am grinning and I haven't done that for at least two days. Woo hoo !!!!

michelew

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 pm

That looked like A LOT of fun!! That's a cute song and you guys played and sang it really well. Mark your singing is really improving - you've obviously been practicing.

You put a big smile on my face this morning.

thanks!

Michele

takhak

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:49 pm

That was a home run guys. nice work.

coomba

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:14 pm

G'day Mark and Damian
That was so good!
The stereo sound was excellent,I was quite surprised by it.
You could tell a lot of work went into your production.
I also like the way you ended ,nice smile and a wave.
Well done
Cheers
Scott

RicksPick

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Excellent

Well done guys
A pleasure to watch

RicksPick

cosmicmechanic

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:46 pm

This is sooo gooood I'm at a loss for words, so why not say something silly?

Now d_dog brings his whistling out of the closet! Might be the start of a whole new category, with an instructor and all.

Thanks guyz

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic