Anyone interested in a collaboration?

jayswett

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:14 pm

It's not a secret that I enjoy watching and creating collaboration videos, and as I haven't seen one in a while, I thought I would mention that I'd like to extend an open invitation to join me in creating one (or several). I find collaborations motivating in terms of learning new songs, and I suspect many of you would agree. Dennis, Mark and I are already moving forward on a collaboration, but below are a couple of songs that I have been working on that might sound fairly reasonable with one or two musicians added to the mix:

That Year - Brandi Carlile
Have You Ever - Brandi Carlile
Don't Think Twice, It's Allright - lots of artists
If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot

I recall from someone's profile that he/she likes Brandi Carlile, but I can't remember who it was. And regarding If You Could Read My Mind, I was looking for an excuse to learn the lead, so perhaps Kevin or someone else might be interested. I am open to any other ideas as well. Just PM me if interested.

AcousticAl

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm also a big fan of collaborations. I'd love to tackle a song with you Jay-- just can't right now. I went from having no work to too much. I'll never get used to this rollercoaster they call freelance.

I'll look you up when I've got some time again. I'm sure there's someone that will take you up on your offer in the meantime, though.

dekotaj

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Jay,

I would enjoy playing Gordons song with you.But with my lack of computer skills,It could be a real pain in the butt for you to put it all together.But if your into headaches,Grab a bottle of aspirin and P.M. me in the morning. :laugh: :laugh:

Kevin

michelew

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Jay - I think I might be the Brandi Carlile fan that you're referring to. I really like "Have you ever". I'd love to learn it. The picking pattern is lovely. DO you have the tab? THis might be good for a multiple person collaboration (e.g. singing). I might take a little while to learn it, but I'm willing to give it a go.

I've just down loaded her new album. I missed that release. SO I don't know "That year".

Like Kevin, I also don't know what to do IT-wise. So similar pains in the posterior might present themselves.

The other songs are sweet too. You are in for a fun time.

Michele

Lavallee

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Jay, if you are still short of someone just PM me.

Marc

jayswett

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Sounds good. Thanks for the repsonses. I will PM you guys to get going on these.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic