Collaboration of Sounds of Silence

BigBear

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Collaboration of Songman52 & Big Bear Sounds of Silence: Songman52 (Jerry) and Big Bear (Rick) got together last week for a few hours of learning new songs, singing and jamming. All told we played together almost 10 hours over two days. Jerry and Rick had never met but were friends on the Totally Guitars site. When Jerry said he was coming to Portland to visit his daughter it was just too good an opportunity to pass up. Because of Totally Guitars, Jerry and Rick are now real friends and can't wait for the chance to play together. This is the way that TG should work by creating opportunities for all members to get to gether and enjoy a common love of music and the guitar! we hope you enjoy our humble attempts to make music!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:23 pm

WOW!!!! Congratulations to both Jerry and Rick. That was awesome. And I completely agree, that what TG is all about. Bravo.

Bill Image

jim56

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Jerry and Rick,

That was OUTSTANDING! Great sound and picking. You guys ROCK. Glad you guys met and played together, thanks for giving us an awesome performance.

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks

pbraun

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Jerry and Rick,
OUTSTANDING, guys that was excellent-REALLY WORTH THE WAIT!
Pete

Lavallee

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Rick and Jerry, you did a great performance, the fingerpicking and picking were perfectly synchronized. The voices are excellent and I must say that with a single microphone you have generated a very well balanced arrangement between the voices and acoustic only. All of this outside without any noise pollution

Very impressive

Marc

RicksPick

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:38 pm

"Fantastic"

At Last BigBear Breaks cover
What a pro'formance "BRAVO" hope there is more to come
Nice to meet you Jerry
So sweet is the sound you two make

RicksPick

buddy

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Nice job for the both of you !! Now that you have broken the ice it will be nice to see more videos from you.

Bud

tovo

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Guys I'm gushing like a 15 year old boy with a crush on the girl next door.

I just sat there with a big grin on my face the whole time. The concept of 2 guys meeting and producing that great performance after just a few run-throughs (how many can you do in one session?) is just great.

Jerry your picking was great and Bear old mate, you came through with the goods like I always knew you would.

I'm so glad you guys did this. You will get plenty more praise and you deserve it all. I've had a couple of nice interactions with TG members this morning already and it's like 830am here. After seeing this my day is off to an even better start...and I haven't even watched "The song that must not be mentioned" yet.

Fantastic.

dieguy

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Wow guys, That was very, VERY good. I just love the Jangle on the 12 string Taylor. And the finger picking, timing and singing was really excellent. Great Job

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic