Collaboration of Kansas City

BigBear

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Collaboration of Songman52 & a little Big Bear Kansas City: Playing with Jerry was a wonderful experience. Playing in a band he has many songs that I didn't know well and had never played. Everyone knows this great old song but I'd never played it. So I just tried to follow along with Jerry leading the way. BTW- he is playing a Takamine he borrowed from a neighbor. The strings were so oxidized they were black. we slapped on a new set and the Tak sounded pretty good. At least Jerry made it sound really good. I'm playing my Taylor 314 in this song. I'm just messing around in the C major pentatonic patterns with some flatted 3rds (Blue notes) thrown in for effect. I could have used some more time practicing this song. I'll have it down next time Jerry and I get together! Hope you enjoy this tune!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:27 pm

That looked like a lot of fun. I am so glad you guys were able to get together for that. Yet another thing made possible by this site!

Cheers to you guys!

Jason

Lavallee

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:36 pm

That was great again, Jerry you are obviously used to sing and play, you sound so natural, a real entertainer. Rick you did very well on a song you did not know and still managed to pick it through.

Glad you guys could meet

Great job

Marc

jim56

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Well done gents, loved that encore. I'm standing with my Bic lighter lite. lol

BobR

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Jerry / Rick

I loved it. You guys sure look like you're really enjoying your time together. Thanks so much for sharing all your collaborations. So you really can play Bear :laugh: :laugh:

Great job, encore

Bob

songman52

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks guys. It WAS great fun! Rick did great improvising a lead to a song he had never played. For a quick improv the whole thing turned out okay.
I guess the song shows my age (though I WAS just a little kid when it came out!)

Yeah, Bob, Bear plays very well, and some songs really great. Just think if he had hands instead of paws!!! Really, we had a great time and became fast friends (and friends fast.)
And thanks for the light, Jim!

Jerry

tovo

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Wow...an old time song that I had heard before! You know who? The Beatles! I'm SURE they did a version of it. But I do know the song, I knew the lyrics. Anyway, another cracker, this time Jerry taking more of the lead with backup from Bear.

Very cool. Loved it.

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:25 am

Not familiar with the song at all, but Jerry you rock man well played and sung. Great noodling Rick. And Rick was that a Uke you were playing man it looks kinda small or are you just big Lol!!

Three tunes in one day great stuff guys, loving every minute of it.

Craig

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:43 am

Great job guys! Very cool. Nice playing and singing Jerry. Rick, AWESOME to see you my friend, nice work!...not quite as hairy as I anticipated though! :laugh: :P
Craig

TGMatt

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:55 am

Well I am just so happy to see my friend Rick on camera..and the pair of you , just did a great job..and I am so pleased that you found each other through music...

Congrats guys..I hope to meet you all soon and shake your hand and have a beer..

CHeers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic