Collaboration of "Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me"

jayswett

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:16 am

BobR

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:34 am

I was very pleased to check the forum this morning and find this collaboration completed. EXCELLENT job on what must have been very difficult but rewarding undertaking.

I really enjoyed all the hard work and especially the talent I am sure went into this. I am off to view again.

Thanks Chris, Tammy Stuart Craig Mark and Jay !!!!!!

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 am

Many, many thanks to the team:
Left speaker: MarkM and Craig strumming rhythm guitar, Chris playing bass riff
Righ speakert: Jay picking arpeggio and Stuart strumming rhythm
Centre: Tammy and Chris on vocals
Video editing by Jay, audio mixed by Chris

Stu’s hard work on giving us a metronome-like basic track to sync to was an important first step allowing us all to anchor ourselves to his track. Mark’s rock solid rhythm strumming is clear and strong all the way through with Craig fitting in perfectly along side. Jay’s fine picking adds an extra dimension and depth to the guitars. Tammy’s vocal track is really cool giving everything a Stevie Nicks / Country feel to the second verse. We didn’t sing together and neither used the other’s track when recording but the vocals meshed in a special way IMHO ;-).

Unfortunately, due to my inexperience, I was unable to mix David’s bass track so we had to leave it out and I felt pretty bad about that and I really apologise to David for not being able to include his work. I really appreciated all Andy’s support and enthusiasm and the learning process we went through on the mixing will pay out in later projects for sure!

I am reminded by the fact that this thread has had over 3000 clicks over the past months that a lot of folks out there have been waiting very patiently for this collaboration to produce the goods. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster ride and that made me a little nervous before posting but, after all, I’m glad it’s finally done. Of course there are a dozen things I’d like to change and improve but at some point you have say it’s done and publish. So many, many, many thanks to everyone who contributed so willingly and helped get this song out of my head and into bytes. Thanks so much to Jay for doing all the donkey work on the video editing, without which we would never have finished! And thanks to all for dropping by and listening in!

dekotaj

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:58 am

BRAVO!!Everyone,

Like Bob,really enjoyed it this morning!!Thank you all.

Kevin

Lavallee

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:06 am

It is very enjoyable guys. I can' t imagine the amount of work it must represent going from an idea to the final video.

Really enjoy the group performance

Marc

Yamaha48

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:08 am

Hello my friends.
great to see this video.
Hard work on this song.
Collaboration is a nice item.
Thanks fore sharring,thump up fore al of you.

greetz Anton

jim56

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 am

Simply beautiful! You are all TG rockstars in my book. Congrats to each of you.

tovo

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:12 am

I'm so pleased to see another multi-member collaboration. Great job of getting this together. I think my favourite moment is when Tammy's avatar pops up. Classic. I really like the participation and the idea of members all over the world working together toward a nice result like this. Bravo.

buddy

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:20 am

Bravo, bravo, bravo,

What a fun and wonderful effort. Congratulations to all of you that put so much into it.

Bud

jcrocket

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:30 am

Very impressive.

The amount of effort required to put this together must have been daunting, but the payoff is a great piece of work - congrats!

Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic