Collaboration of If You Could Read My Mind

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:34 am

So nice to hear these ... been a while ... more power to you all !

Pierre

jayswett

Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:38 am

We should definitely be doing more of these. Not that hard to do, from what I can remember.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:21 am

Kev and Jay, we really do need to hook up again real soon! It was always a great pleasue to do these songs together. We've come a long way last 5 years, I think we can come up with something...... suggestions here or move to PM or email for suggestions if we want to spring a surprise....

Chris (now on holiday for 4 weeks with nothing planned except for the coming week)

tombo1230

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:58 am

Looking forward to what you come up with next. :)

Tom N.

auntlynnie

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:38 am

Hey guys,
I watched this cover and it is just wonderful. So wonderful that I finally began looking at Neil's lesson and I'm looking for a little bit of help with the right hand. You all have clearly worked on it and gotten it sounding really good. The picking isn't a steady pattern - sometimes it rolls forward and sometimes it rolls back toward the lower strings (am I saying that right?). But I can't really anticipate where or when that happens. So my questions are:
Did you follow Neil's tablature exactly?
If you did follow it exactly, did you memorize where the picking is rolling back?
Or is there a pattern that I'm not seeing/hearing?
Thanks much for any help.
Lynn

dekotaj

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:07 am

auntlynnie wrote:
happens. So my questions are:
If you did follow it exactly, did you memorize where the picking is rolling back?
Lynn[/quote]

I hope you have fun with it.
#1- I knew the song before I got to TG. But I've seen Neil play this song.And it play out the same except for one note.( and as Neil said.I believe in a review of me doing this song on my own.The note is not what is really played.It a harmony note.)and he was right.I play it there in the chorus to help me as a bad singer trying to sing the note that is being sung.

#2-I guess I memorize all the tabs of songs that I play??

#3-I am sure Neils show the the parts you are talking about in his lesson.Neil would not do a video and not show that.
First barr in the intro is forward and the second barr is the reverse.The only other time it is reversed is when you come out of the chorus and back into the verse.You just redo the intro.and then into the verse.The rest of the song is forward.Look at the tab close I am sure it is there.Nassa has helped other with this song.I no they are both working hard to put up lessons for us all.If you do not see it in the tab.I would be more than happy to play it for you so you can see.

Be good
Kev

TGNesh

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 am

Hey Lynn,

In thruth, I'm not really sure what you mean. And it's been a while since I've watched the lesson. I do know for sure that Neil said that the picking should be done randomly (like Gordon L. pretty much does as well), which I did in my own upload (he did a review for that one).

So no, don't go for the tabs exactly as written out. Just make sure you got the pattern down, bassnote followed by two higher strings, repeat and another bassnote followed by one high string. The order of the high strings doesn't matter, you can vary it anyway you like. You only want the bassnotes to appear on beat 1, the and of beat 2, beat 4. Very useful pattern btw.

Not to sure if my upload is helpful, but it is based on Neil's lesson.

auntlynnie wrote:
Hey guys,
I watched this cover and it is just wonderful. So wonderful that I finally began looking at Neil's lesson and I'm looking for a little bit of help with the right hand. You all have clearly worked on it and gotten it sounding really good. The picking isn't a steady pattern - sometimes it rolls forward and sometimes it rolls back toward the lower strings (am I saying that right?). But I can't really anticipate where or when that happens. So my questions are:
Lynn

dekotaj

Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:05 am

TGVanessa wrote:
[quote]Hey Lynn,

In thruth, I'm not really sure what you mean.

Love to watch you play the guitar.
Here I go typing again.WATCH out!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm think she was asking about the way that I played it with the ( what I call a forward roll.and a reverse roll like on a banjo )In the intro??
Maybe I was wrong about the lesson???I never looked at the tab Neil but up because I already played this song.But let me add that Nessa is right just follow the tab and get a fell for it.
Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic