Wammer & AcousticAl LIVE collaboration!

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:56 pm

You're right Mark- it was fun. It's funny- I actually had a conversation with a few TG-ers a while ago about how I'd never be into doing something like this. But as I've learned many times now on TG-- never say never!! When I first started posting videos, I wouldn't even show my face on camera! And now I'm singing? Harmonies? Duets?! Slippery slope, I say! Shudder to think of what's next!!

Kudos to Tammy as well for approaching me to do this. We discussed how it might have been different if I had approached her. One of her friends actually called her while we were playing to make sure she was ok! We laughed, but it is true that you need to be safe as well.

Hydroman52

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:25 pm

WooHoo! Good work. How did you two decide on the songs you wanted to play? How much did you practice each song before you turned on the camera? Did you try other ones that you didn't record?

Thanks for the videos. It's always interesting to see what others are doing.

Hydroman52

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
WooHoo! Good work. How did you two decide on the songs you wanted to play? How much did you practice each song before you turned on the camera? Did you try other ones that you didn't record?

Hydroman52
Interesting questions.
What songs to play? Most of the suggestions came from Tammy. What I found was that I'm truly a 'bedroom player'. The songs I usually work on are more fingerpicking/solo songs that don't lend themselves to playing with others. Tammy had a list of MANY go to songs that we messed around with.

We practiced for a few hours bouncing from song to song- leaving some and coming back to it later. Probably played each song 2 or 3 times. Didn't turn the camera on until about an hour before I left. And what you see is most of what we recorded. We only had one or two false starts. Didn't care if we messed up. Tammy had asked me to try and learn the harmony to 'Butterfly' a few days before, so I gave it a go.

There were many songs that we tried, but didn't record. Save it for next time I guess.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:49 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Hydroman52 wrote:

Hydroman52
Interesting questions.
What I found was that I'm truly a 'bedroom player'.
Now Al, the temptation for cryptic leg pulling is almost overwhelming, but I shall resist and leave alone... for the moment lol.

michelew

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 am

That looked like a hoot! I love these videos of TG get togethers. Thanks so much for recording it. You had me singing and laughing along with you. I felt like I was there too.

Michele

willem

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:21 am

This morning i listen to number three,yesterday evening i at to work and was a long drive,(i almost was in Cannada..lol),number three is a favorite and want to add myself(were is it from),,but must say all the three are so nice to watch,cause this is all about TG,,IT is so nice to make music with others and you two really showed us how to do,,harmonies,,guitars/playing,,laughing,,how long was your drive Al??

Ps one thing i read from Al is A good thing,,alway's build in a safety..we must be aware of that...

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:22 am

willem wrote:
This morning i listen to number three,yesterday evening i at to work and was a long drive,(i almost was in Cannada..lol),number three is a favorite and want to add myself(were is it from),,but must say all the three are so nice to watch,cause this is all about TG,,IT is so nice to make music with others and you two really showed us how to do,,harmonies,,guitars/playing,,laughing,,how long was your drive Al??

Ps one thing i read from Al is A good thing,,alway's build in a safety..we must be aware of that...

I knew someone would ask about that song.  Tammy had asked if I had ever heard 'Butterfly' by Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus?  I hadn't and was pretty sure I didn't want to- until I actually heard the song!  Very pretty and heartfelt song. 

Here's the link from the movie.

And here are the chords

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:13 am

Having a teenage daughter helps with knowing these songs! Sounds/feels a bit like Landslide.

jayswett

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:50 am

That was a joy to watch. Tammy, you sure can sing, and and Al, you are now fully out of your shell, vocally speaking, and you sound great. I particularly enjoyed that last video.

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 am

Only thing I might change is to try and get better sound quality next time. I actually brought my mic/mixer etc- but I left it in the car. I didn't want to scare Tammy off the first time I met her-- Can you imagine? GADGET MAN arrives at your doorstep?!!

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to lose the loose vibe we had. I'd only do it if it's not too cumbersome and intrusive.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic