Networking through TG

Lavallee

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:25 pm

It was great to see Tammy and Al's live collaboration. Tg as allowed other TGers to meet. I can remember Willem and Anton, DDog and Dennis, Jerry and Rick, and I am sure there are others that I cannot remember off hand.

I am presently in the UK for work (for those who do not know me , I live in Canada) and I thought it would be great to meet someone from here. Rickspick and I have been talking many times through threads. I called him to see if he would not mind meeting with me. He has accepted with enthousiasm. He lives about 3 hours from London.

We agreed to meet in a Pub (the Centurion). We met there around 2PM this afternoon. We talked for about 3 hours. We then went to his house and Rick introduced me to his charming wife. He showed his 2 guitars, one with many years of experience and that wonderful Vintage that he uses in his videos. We did not play as I had to go back. I did not want to be too late driving on the left when it is not second nature. Rick and his wife are very welcoming and I am really glad we had a chance to meet. Thank you Rick

Thanks TG for bringing this community

Marc Image

tovo

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:35 pm

That's great Marc, what a terrific opportunity to meet a fellow TGer. I'm sure Rick and his wife enjoyed meeting a fellow of your stature all the way from Canada! I had the opportunity to meet Michele a few months ago which was brilliant. Good on you for making the effort.

Lavallee

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Would be nice to have a smaller stature :(

It is great that you met with Michele

Marc

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:58 pm

That's a great shot of you two! Too bad you didn't have time to play though.

haoli25

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks for sharing, Marc. The picture of you and Rick was great. I am glad you two were able to get together. It is nothing short of amazing what this site has become.

Bill

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Great photo and what a great community we have become.

willem

Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:55 am

Marc/Rick,,great way to meet people he,,i'm sure it was a great moment to meet eachother,,pity not playing,,but were did you two talk'd about then??

michelew

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:21 am

That is a fabulous picture.

Tony and I only spent a little time together. It was great, but unfortunately it was just enough to have a chat and a meal together. Still it was really nice to be able to talk in person rather than just on-line.

The world really is shrinking due to the magic of TG.

RicksPick

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:20 am

It was a great day to meet with Marc
Not enough time to play guitar
But such a thrill to meet a fellow TG'er
Thanks for making the journey Marc
Such a nice man, great chat we had
Thanks TG
This community is second to none

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:27 am

Well done guys, great to see folks make the effort. How'd you like the driving Marc? What a shock it must be driving those narrow winding roads after those amazingly broad and straight Canadian highways ... and everyone on the wrong side of the road!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic