Busking Eric Clapton

AcousticAl

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks for checking it out, Willem.

LOL Chris!! Given where you live, you should be able to find some chocolate kicking around somewhere...
And you're right about being sick of the weather here in Canada!! So I planned a getaway somewhere where the only ice will be crushed and in my drink!!! :woohoo:

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Aww, Al, now I need chocolate!

That was just excellent Al, especially the vocals! So well done all round and with your immaculate recording set up too. Great to hear from you and to see you sing the blues away. Those endless COLD Canadian winter days getting to you, eh?

Chris

AcousticAl wrote:
Hey TG.. been a while!

Was in a melancholy mood the other day so thought I'd dust off an old song to match my mood.
"Tears In Heaven" by Clapton. Had to do a bit of searching to find this old thread. Unfortunately, seeing some of the old members in this thread that have moved on has added to my melancholy mood :(

Anyway, I don't think I learned this on TG, so don't be surprised if fingerings are a bit different from what Neil teaches.

Hope you enjoy and comments are welcome, of course.

dekotaj

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Hey Al.
BRAVO sir.

Great cover. Love the song.

Kev

dtaylor

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Really nice Al, tastefully done dubs, quality singing, and of course the playing was spot on.

skaladar

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:35 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Hey TG.. been a while!
Hi Al … “been a while” indeed. I’m happy to see you posting again and I hope time allows me to get back to being a more active in the forums beyond my daily browse.

Others have said it and I have to agree that you did a great job all around.
Your guitar playing is excellent, the vocals terrific as usual, the sound is perfect and the mix adds just enough to make it all shine.
I always enjoy your uploads and this one is no exception.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

♫ Ken ♫

Craig

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Al,

Great effort on this one! Your playing and vocals were just wonderful! I enjoyed it all the way around! I've been dusting off some old songs too lately. Interesting how they come back (or sometimes not!).

Thanks for the look,

Craig

briancbl

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Nice one.

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks Kev, always glad to see one of your 'Bravos'!

Hey Dean, glad you liked it!

Yes Ken- it is tough to keep up with everything that goes on in the forums. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Hopefully it's usually the former and not the latter when you come back to songs, Craig. ;)

Cheers Brian!

RicksPick

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi Al
Sweet
Very nice
and good to see you dude

Rick

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 am

Rick... The man of a thousand hats! Sorry for my delayed reply. Internet is sketchy for me at the moment...
I'm somewhere where salsa dancing is king and have an iv of pina colada attached to my arm.
In other words.. it's all good

Thanks for checking it out and take care.

NKenny

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Very nice Al, good to see you again

Kenny

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic