Lavallee wrote:
I just sent you a message
Marc
Marc,

I don't see any messages from you.

AcousticAl

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 am

Hey TG.. been a while!

Was in a melancholy mood the other day so thought I'd dust off an old song to match my mood.
"Tears In Heaven" by Clapton. Had to do a bit of searching to find this old thread. Unfortunately, seeing some of the old members in this thread that have moved on has added to my melancholy mood :(

Anyway, I don't think I learned this on TG, so don't be surprised if fingerings are a bit different from what Neil teaches.

Hope you enjoy and comments are welcome, of course.

tombo1230

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:12 am

Well Al there was so much here that was good I don't know where to start.
Firstly, it's been too long since you have posted. :(

Secondly, that was terrific music you made there. I really enjoyed everything about that. :)
I like the added layers on the vocals and the guitar which added a richness and depth to the performance.
Your playing was flawless. Your singing was spot on, melodic and brilliant.

My only crib is that there was no parrot, I suppose you can't have everything, can you? :P :)

Ok Al, are you listening?.........Don't wait so long next time! Same again, I'm ready for another. :)

Tom N.

familyman4

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:26 am

Loved it Al!!!

I play (or attempt to play) this song sometimes as well. So I understand how tricky the vocals can be when playing fingerpicking the song. But you nailed it all the way. :)

It is a special song and you did it justice.

Thank you for sharing!
Bart

BobR

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Al,

I thought that was fabulous all around. I think you added just the right amount of mixing.

Great Job and nice to see you again.

Bob

MarkM

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Al what a joy to watch and listen too. Great job all around!!!! I hope you are feeling better today. Can't wait to see more from you.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi Tom- Thanks for your comments. 'Flawless' might be a bit of an overstatement.. definitely room for improvement in places. But I have played this song for a long time on & off now, so I guess it's in pretty good shape.

Hey there Bart- You're correct, it is a special song. I read somewhere that E.C. won't perform it live anymore, which is a shame. But I do understand why.
You're also right that it is a tricky song to pick & play at the same time, and I finally got to the wonderful world of muscle memory where I don't have to think as much about it any more while singing/playing.

Hey Bob, glad you liked the mixing. I have had a tendency to over-mix/layer in the past. Didn't feel this song needed much.

Mark, my friend- Thanks for checking it out. Glad this sad song is bringing some joy to you & others :)
See you on the internets!

willem

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Al,,again fantastic,,

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Aww, Al, now I need chocolate!

That was just excellent Al, especially the vocals! So well done all round and with your immaculate recording set up too. Great to hear from you and to see you sing the blues away. Those endless COLD Canadian winter days getting to you, eh?

Chris

AcousticAl wrote:
Hey TG.. been a while!

Was in a melancholy mood the other day so thought I'd dust off an old song to match my mood.
"Tears In Heaven" by Clapton. Had to do a bit of searching to find this old thread. Unfortunately, seeing some of the old members in this thread that have moved on has added to my melancholy mood :(

Anyway, I don't think I learned this on TG, so don't be surprised if fingerings are a bit different from what Neil teaches.

Hope you enjoy and comments are welcome, of course.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic