Busking The Beatles

dennisg

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Chris,

I've always been mystified by the lack of respect the White Album received. I mean, really, it features incredibly brilliant and enduring tunes like Back in the USSR, Dear Prudence, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Blackbird, I Will, Julia, Mother Nature's Son, Sexie Sadie, and others. To be honest though, I think it's a reaction to the horrible (and excruciatingly long) track of Revolution #9, John's ode to masturbatory self-indulgence that sounds like it was put together by a 12-year-old with a new tape recorder. That track was a thorn in the side of everyone who had to haul his stoned ass out of a chair to yank the record off the turntable.

Sue,

I watched a guy play it on YT, then (as usual) just decided to do my own thing. It's not a complicated song. I just have a knack for making simple things look unnecessarily difficult. The video looks fuzzy because I used the rear-facing (very low-res) camera on my iPad to shoot it. I sacrifice image quality for ease of use.

crieniecat

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Well Den, I think it was very well done too!! I can see why you're not totally content, since you kinda rushed here and there (wandering tempo as you put it), but I still think you did a very good job!

It was indeed a song that I hadn't heard before, and i agree, it's actually a great song, I really liked your take on it!

Thanks Dennis, great to see and hear you again! :) :)

Ness

MarkM

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Dennis,

Oh man can you pick'em.................. What is not to love about this outstanding song. Hey you even got McCartney's strumming style down. This song is a nemises of mine. I just haven't gotten it down. Maybe I always see a shiny object that distracts me but I've just never got around to really trying to learn this song. I totally agree that this should be a lesson. I thought you did a wonderful job. Just like with every other song you do here it really shows your passion for the music. Great job and I'm so happy that I got a chance to see this. I hope everything is going really well for you.

MarkM

BobR

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Dennis,

Some of these threads are getting very long and I almost missed this gem. You may have wandered a bit in the tempo (as you said) but I though it was really very good.

Bob

tombo1230

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 pm

There's nothing I like better than a good Beatles song and this was just great!

I almost missed this one. It's gotten really busy in here recently. Really good job Dennis, your guitar sounds really nice! B) :)

Tom N.

tacticaltal

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 pm

EDIT Well, another that didn't finish. Do we need to keep these at 3:00 and under?

Deleting

willem

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:50 am

tacticaltal wrote:
EDIT Well, another that didn't finish. Do we need to keep these at 3:00 and under?

Deleting

Hi Terry,,saw you on the tube ,,Iliked it..why did you delete it??

haoli25

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 pm

%#$@%@$!! How annoying! :angry: You should be able to shoot way more than 3.00. No idea why that happens......and I was so curious what you were going to say at the end! ;)

tacticaltal wrote:

Deleting

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 pm

You mean to tell me, Willem, it's on the tube? ARGH! :S

Darn it, Vanessa, hoped I'd gotten away without you seeing that comment (the one positive thing about it not being uploaded here, but then once again, I was wrong) :blink:

willem

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 am

After a few uploads on ''here comes the sun''by a few members I thought I go back on this tune and try to do it better then 2 years ago(or longer),,I think its better but not yet there,,

Willem

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic