Busking The Beatles

michelew

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 pm

rapsidy wrote:
Thanks guys

I suppose when you don;t have to stress over just finding a chord you can relax a bit more and just enjoy the playing, I suppose that is the confidence thing.

Hey Chris thanks I am always trying to improve the singing I have had a friend helping me and i am starting to understand it better, I just wished i was more interested when I was 20 lol would have been a lot easier.

Michelle photos yes but first i need to see it :blink: the little fella isnt due until December :)

oh so Tony playing the blues eh.. good on him

My question is I dont see many videos posted from you guys since i have been gone???? or am i not looking hard enough?
Hey Brad.

So the old 'I-can't-post-any-photos-yet-'cause-the bub's still a bump' trick eh? Nice one! :) oops! I missed that little detail about Dad's little band member to be. Well that will be one hell of a nice Christmas pressie. :) :) :)

Videos, well there have definitely been some since we saw you last, though I've lost track of when that was exactly. You'll find lots in the busking threads or collaboration threads and the TG youtube channels of course. Here are a couple you probably missed of me with other TG folks who you might just recognise. :).

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/149 ... tions.html

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/129 ... vingq.html

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/129 ... lifeq.html

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/129 ... chele.html

jloihle

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:23 pm

BlackBird-
Home from work s/p Wisdom teeth extraction. ughhhh. Thought I would share a song I'm working on, any advice is appreciated!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Well done! Now you need to find yourself a singer. The only comment I have iis I think the last chord you play (1st finger on the 1st fret of the 2nd string with all other strings open) before starting the verses should be played longer. I could be wrong and I'll leave it to the experts to weigh in. But I thought you played it quite well. Thanks for posting.

jloihle

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Daryl,

Thanks for the Tip!. I can sing a bit, lol but not much range...

daryl

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Then you should find a song with a narrow range and go for it. How about a Ringo song? Maybe "With a Little Help From My Friends" or "Octopus's Garden" or "You're Sixteen"?

jloihle

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Ill dust off a version of Ain't no sunshine and see how my voice sounds on video. ;)

Lavallee

Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:56 am

Nice playing, quite fluid. In Neil's lesson of the Target program, he talks about alternating the thumb from the base to the G string and not use the index finger, if you want to try that. It gives a stronger feels of alternating base.

Marc

BobR

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 am

I enjoyed that and you played it very well

Bob

willem

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:50 am

Very well done, with learning this song(the pickin) will benifit in a lot of other tunes(such as acoustic blues,ragtime,chicago by the DB) but then I should also try the skill Neil tells us in the target lesson for ''blackbird'' with an alternating thumb that will constant hit the G string also,,it wil devolop your thumb strenght and get powerful bass notes(like Marc said),,Anybody should learn or practice this song,,I use it a lot for an warmingup.. I try also to play the pickin(or more hitting) like Paul McC..

Willem

jloihle wrote:
[quote]BlackBird-
Home from work s/p Wisdom teeth extraction. ughhhh. Thought I would share a song I'm working on, any advice is appreciated!

dekotaj

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 pm

jloihle wrote:
Ill dust off a version of Ain't no sunshine and see how my voice sounds on video. ;)
BRAVO!!! Sir

Cant go wrong with a fab four song.Real nice job on black bird.

Can't wait to see and hear you do Ain't no sunshine.

Bravo!!!!
Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic