Busking The Beatles

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:06 am

Our Thread-Poster-in-Chief, Tony, had us all wrecking our brains to answer the impossible question: which is our favourite Beatle song. Now my brain has stopped hurting, I thought it would be an idea to get everyone who would like to join in to post a video of themselves playing a Beatles song as so many mentioned that they play Beatles songs. Just you at home busking the Beatles so we can all have some impromptu fun listening. Anyone can post whether TARGET member or not, everyone is welcome to post a song here. It's not posting for a review by Neil or looking for coaching on playing/singing... just sharing some playing time with TG friends. Busking the Beatles at home for fun. Just grab your guitar and let it out.

I've uploaded my video to my youtube channel and posted the link here... there maybe a better way of doing this... I'll keep the thread up-dated if so.

Here's my kick-off... Elenor Rigby. I'd love to see Vanessa, Daryl, Jay, Al, Mark, Kevin, Dennis, Tony, Tammy, Willem, Michele, Suzi (to mention just a few) and other regular posters join in here. It'll be a blast to hear from Bigbear or, or.... even Bill!! Could that happen here?!! WHatever, love to hear from EVERYONE surfing at TG.

suziko

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 am

I saw this just as I was sitting down to practice I've Just Seen a Face. Great idea, Chris! I might just have to take you up on the suggestion- if I can get around to making a video!!!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:07 am

Love to hear that Suzi!

This one's for BigBear...... sorry, stuffed up the second verse .. should have sung "How can I even try, I can never win" but came in with the next line instead... what can you do? :-)

cosmicmechanic

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 pm

I think you're on to something here, Chris ... you actually got me thinking ...

[edit] This response might seem a bit terse ... haven't had time to watch any of the video!

cosmicmechanic

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Haha, now thát's a coincedence, I was actually thinking the exáct same thing during my day (its 19.00 p.m. right now)!

Can't promise anything for tonight, but i will definitely give it a go tomorrow!

Greetz'

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Not at all Pierre... I gottcha!

Vanessa, I'm counting on you! :-).

Dan... ok to re-post this here too? Great job!

It's 05.14 in Oz... so... G'day Tony! ;-)

tovo

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 pm

G'Day Chris! Great idea for a thread, love it.

Was it supposed to be a totally new video? Maybe but in the meantime...recycling is good for the environment right?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Tony! How could this thread be complete without Norwegian Wood! ;-) My nemesis was Elenor Rigby for many, many years... just couldn't get that one, one, one, rhythm... it works now!

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Looks like fun, Chris! Be cool to see who gets their feet wet.

Great job on Elenor Rigby as well. Love that music room of yours!

I just tossed a couple of looneys in your guitar case...

michelew

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Oh...a challenge. I am without a guitar at the moment. I'm on holidays by the beach. I even tried to rent a guitar, but no joy. It's a little frustrating because there are lots of people walking around with old beater guitars. However, I might just take you up on it when I get home... maybe...

I don't have the broad band capacity to watch the videos either. I'll have a video party when I get home too.

Happy playing!

Michele (chilling by the sea).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic