"She Talks to Angels" by D-Dog and AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:57 am

My battle with the uploader continues. Thanks to Cheryle at TG Support for continuing to look into it.

In the meantime, here's a new collab with myself and D_Dog (Damian). Our take of 'She Talks to Angels' by the Black Crowes. No video from Damian this time, so you're stuck with my mug for the whole song :P

I had posted a guitar-only version of this a looong time ago, and Damian had asked if I'd like to do a collab back then. I never forgot his request, and I revisited this song when I got more into multi-tracking on the Micro BR. I dropped Damian a p.m. and he was still into it, so we turned this around in a few days.

If you know the original song, you know how hard it is to even come close to Chris Robinson's vocals. Kudos to Damian for doing such a great job. As far as the guitar goes- it's open E tuning.

Craig

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Wow guys, that was just awesome! Great to hear (literally!) from Damian again. Al, your playing continues to impress me. Really wonderful job!
Craig

suziko

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Both of your contributions on this recording are truly excellent. Great playing and amazing vocals. And though it would have been nice to see Damian, I certainly don't mind looking at your mug the whole time, Al! ;)

Suzi

d_dog

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks Al for putting this together. I'm really realizing how flat I was most of the time, ouch! Fun though.

BobR

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Al / Damian,

That was fantastic. It was over the top(literally Al :laugh: ). I thought you both did a incredible job. Cool collaboration and as Craig said great to hear from Damian.

Thanks for sharing
Bob

Yamaha48

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Very very nice! You have a great voice Damian! Listening back always makes you think....hmmm..I could do better, that's a normal thing I guess, still I think we can all hear that you really have a good voice, very nice to listen to, would love to hear more from you!

Great job Al, you guys sound like you're doing an mtv-unplugged show! :cheer:

d_dog

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Craig, Suziko, Bob,
Thank you very much, I couldn't have done it without the awesome backing track by Al. I hope to participate more now in these winter months, I suppose I'm a fowl weather player/singer.

Oh and I'll add a self critique in here as well, boy was I flat in many areas, hahah. Tough song to sing. Maybe I need to view a few of the vocal lessons...

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Hot damn that was fine! Al you're getting good at this stuff putting collabs together, do you ever work! Did you win the lottery or something...

Damian a fine voice for the song. You mention about being flat, I only picked that in a few places close to the end of the song but it didn't detract at all.

sbutler

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Damian,

That is a tough song to sing and you did it very well.

You too Al, you just keep putting this stuff together, we'll be more than willing to listen.

Scott

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks for checking it out, everyone!

It is good to get Damian into the recording studio again-- as people are saying, it's been too long since we've heard from him!

Also, with regards to wanting to re-do singing and playing-- There's definitely stuff that I'd change in my guitar parts. Lost the rhythm more than a few times. Missed some of the intro runs etc. But if we waited until it was perfect- we'd never post anything. That's my thinking anyways.

And to answer your question Chas- no, I didn't win the lottery. It's just more easy to record something quickly, as I leave my gear out and set up. (and I try to avoid working whenever possible!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic