Busking Journey

lueders

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:11 pm

This is a work in progress...had some timing issues and I am still fleshing out the arrangement.But I am posting this chiefly because Neil's Chord melody stuff gave me the courage to look at nothing more than musical notes on a staff and try to make an arrangement out of it. Thanks Neil, for the proverbial kick in the butt. I gotta a long way to go with this chord melody stuff…it promises to be quite a “journey.” (Pun Intended)

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Nice Cori. I would have liked a bit more focus on the camera...but the playing sounded good!

Look forward to the next installment.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi Cori, really like the exercise you are doing. I will have to move off my lazy butt and work on that aspect that I always wanted to do (if it involve no effort ;) ). You are giving a good guide on how to do it.

Marc

jayswett

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Great start. As a fan of GLEE (yes, I admit it), I too would love to learn that song.

suziko

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:52 am

Cool experiment! Tackling the melody in this song is no mean feat so I'm impressed! Keep it up.

Suzi

willem

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:20 am

Cori,,chord/melody playing a skill you can use alway's,,when a friend of my learns a new song he alway's put some melody notes or harmonies to it,on the moment i try this skill on ''here comes the sun''(with plectrum),,i think it can also make you(me) a more musician,,not just a campfire/strummer(nothing wrong with that),,and it makes the song recognisble..greetzz

lueders

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Thanks for the support folks...after listening with greater scrutiny I'm realizing it is currently...well, pretty darn crappy. The chord arrangement just doesn't work very well. Sparse and kinda boring...back to the drawing board I guess. Not fishing for compliments, just realizing & wishing I could figure out a way to fatten up the sound and make the various parts not sound so drastically different from each other...and somehow retain the correct feel.Oh well, it was a bold experiment to be revisited later down the road.

" A man's gotta know his limitations." -Clint Eastwood

snipe

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Cori,

Just saw this. Interesting work. Keep it up.. When you get the bugs out im sure it will better then you expected!

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic