"Stolen Houses" by Mr. & MRS. AcousticAl!!!

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:50 am

Continued from my 'Never say never' thread...
My wife and I recorded a version of 'Stolen Houses' by Iron & Wine last night. She only wanted to share the link with friends, and of course you're all friends, so she let me post it here. I won't be uploading it to the student channel though.

It's great to get her involved with my playing and with something that I'm spending so much time on. As you'll hear, she's got a great voice! On another positive note, she was quite impressed by the quality we can get in our recordings. So you know what that means...
GREEN LIGHT ON MORE GADGETS!!! :laugh:

BTW- I put the 'oldtime movie effect' on it because I thought it kind of went with the song.

suziko

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 am

Wow, guys, this was really nice!! You're right, Al, "Mrs. Acoustical" has a beautiful voice. The two of you should play together (and sing together!) more often. I was hoping to hear some harmonies, actually. Oh and, of course, nice playing, Al :)

Suzi

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 am

Now thát was so very nice, enjoyed it very much!! I want more, I want more, I want more, I want more! :cheer:

Cheers!

Vanessa

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 am

Al and Mrs. Al:

Terrific job. Nice playing and wonderful singing. I love that you did it together. I am also glad that you might get the green light on even more gadgets...... :woohoo: :woohoo: (One can NEVER have enough gadgets....)

Thanks for sharing this one with us!

Jason

Craig

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:51 am

Mr. & Mrs. Al,
Very well done! Beautiful voice and nice playing. How fun for you two. thanks for letting us take a look.
Craig

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Very nice indeed, we need more of Mrs Al (probably need a name too Mrs Al sounds a bit weird)

Oh and I suppose so more of Al also :laugh:

willem

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:04 pm

WOW,she as a very warm voice Al,we need more missus Al,,what's her name Al??

PS I wish you both a very happy and musically live together,,it was really great.

tovo

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 pm

I agree with Chas...I sure hope "Mrs AcousticAl" has an everyday name!

Anyway, she has a lovely voice and I would have liked to hear more as a couple of people have already said. She looked quite nervous but she has no reason to be, it was great. I love the idea of bringing partners into the collaborations, something I very much enjoyed when Dennis collaborated with Jamie and now you Al. Very nice.

Yamaha48

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Pow wow that whas great so see.
Your wife have a very nice voice,and a great exspression.
Hope to see more video s.

greetz Anton

sbutler

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Well Al, I don't know if you had to do some major arm twisting to get the MRS involved, but let me just say, it was really worth it.

Great job to the both of you. She is very pleasant to listen too, and that goes for you too.

Thanks again for sharing.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic