Busking Jethro Tull

dsmarion

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Man I like Tull a lot and yet I have to admit I don't know this one. I will have to look this one up - what album?
I went to see them a few years ago, Ian still sounds great. Your guitar sounds very nice. What model is it?
Scott

Lavallee

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Great playing Mike, this is no pick nick playing this song. I am not familiar with it as well, but it looks really tricky.

Impressive playing and singing

Marc

Edit: very good sounding guitar, I do not think you mentioned the model yet

Craig

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Mike,
That was great! The playing and singing were very good. I love Tull songs but have a little "Tull-phobia" when it comes to learning his songs. There always seems to be timing issues for me. Very well done by you. Congrats on the guitar!
Craig

snipe

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks for the input.

Jeff-I knew you knew this one. Thanks for watching and glad you liked the knew Martin sound. Looking forward to your next post.

Scott, Thanks for watching and your comments..The song in on the Minstrel in the Gallery album. The Martin is a DCPA4 and really liking it.

Marc, Thank you. Yes definetly no pick-nick which seems to be pretty typical of Ian Andersons music. the DCPA4 is a dreadnaught with a cutaway
Mahogony sides and back. Plays with a lot of power with no expense to the high end.

Craig, Thanks for watching and commenting. I know what you mean about Tull music. It always seems a little tricky.

Mike

mbleier

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Mike,
That was great. I don't know if its just how well you played that piece or having that great sounding guitar but it really just captured that Tull sound that is just so distinctive. You sure can play a mean guitar and all of these contributions prove it.

Thanks again for sharing,

Mike

cosmicmechanic

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Mike, I'm in over my head here, I feel like a caveman watching a classical symphony. Getting to this degree of progress is impressive, but this song is so intricate it seems hard to keep it perfectly musical all the way through. I want to encourage you to keep at this tune, the angles will soon be rounded out.

Pierre

snipe

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:23 am

Mike, Thanks very much for your kind words and observations. Really appreciate it!!

Pierre, Thank you for watching and for your encouragement. It really is a pretty difficult piece and Im sure i will be working on it for a very long time to perfect it.

Mike

snipe

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 pm

An old Ian Anderson song from the Album Stand up. Just my take and a lot of fun to play.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Lavallee

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Great playing again Mike, you definitely have a knack for Jethro Tull, you always are able to get the Jethro sound coming out nice and clear.

Marc

haoli25

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:56 pm

How cool was that? You ROCK, Mike. Good job.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic