Busking Jethro Tull

snipe

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Just wanted to thorw this out there. The little ditty is a real challenge, but fun to do. Its not exactly like the track but you get the idea anyway. I cant really sing it so I didnt want to carry on with monotonous verses. Anyway, comments always welcome.
Mike Oh yea... Its Mother Goose. And now I can see Im stuck on the wall again!!@#)(*+_uy(*(*^^)$$$ oH WELL

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sbutler

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Snipe,

I love that song and you did an incredible job. I hadn't heard that song for a long long time and your rendition gives me something to think about trying.

Thanks for the song, thanks for the idea.

Scott

jcrocket

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Mike -

Fantastic job, on a really tough song. That little riff at the beginning, middle and end has always been a hurdle for me with this song, and you nailed it.

I love hearing you do any Ian Anderson song - you seem to have an extra special knack for his style.

Thanks for posting.

Jeff

BigBear

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Mike- that was awesome!! Very well done! I'm working on a couple of Tull tunes as well. I just love the sound they made. Ian and Martin; they still sound great together!

Cheers! :cheer:

MarkM

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Mike,

Very nice version of this song!!! I quite enjoyed that.

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Gadzooks Mike, that was quite special, loved it.

I wonder ... if I had never heard of this tune and it was presented as being bluegrass, would it fit in that category?
It's intricate flatpicking, isn't it? Is it a close call or does some technical aspect exclude it from being bluegrass?

Great post!
Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Wow, that was really really nice! Actually the thing I liked the most is that you're not trashing those strings, but you kept it calm and smooth, very nice playing!

Greetz'

Vanessa

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:47 pm

That was really cool Mike, good job!

Lavallee

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Great playing Mike, as Jeff said the quick riff is very challenging, I can play the rest but I am totally blocked by this fast picking. You are doing it effortless. great job.

Marc

snipe

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Scott: Thanks. One of my favorites. You should go for it.. Fun to play

Jeff: Appreciate it. Yes that little riff is a beast.

Big Bear. Thanks as always. Hoping to see some of your tull work someday

Mark M. Glad you enjoyed it!

Pierre: Yikes... umm, not sure.. Yes there is some detailed picking in there. Pretty typicall for ian anderson. I wouldnt say its in a catagory with bluegrass. Neil could answer that one. Do you ever listen to any bluegrass?? just curious. Im a big fan. Some of it is really difficult stuff. If nothing else cause its so freaking fast.

Vanessa: Thanks for the technical view. Its always very helpfull. Appreciate it.

Nftt: Thanks. Glad you liked it

Marc: Did you post this song somewhere? That riff is a real...... )_&_(_)&(&(_%&^$^%. I actually learned this song a couple years ago, and even now, im lucky if i nail that riff 75% of the time. Thanks for watching

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic