Busking Jethro Tull

snipe

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am

Bill, thanks for watching and the comments..

Marc, Ill send a note about the riff.

snipe

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 pm

This is a Tull song from the Too Old to Rock n Roll album called Salamander(refering to a mystical creature that lives in fire). I spent many hours on it. Im not real happy with the vocals but it is what it is. The real challenge for me was to play it well enough to present it. It needs another guitar and a flute and someone with good pipes. I suppose i could spend some more time trying to perfect it but its wearing me out. So here it is, and I hope you like it. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

ceaser67

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi snipe
i really enjoyed that,thought you done a great job,i havent heard that song for years,in fact not listened to much jethro tull in years but again thought you done a great job

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

cosmicmechanic

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Jeff and Mike, great to see serious Tullsters give it a go ... the more acoustic Tull around here, the better.

Jeff, I hadn't noticed your post, really good playing and singing !

Mike, lots of practicing behind this, for sure.

Got to study this to get my head around these, can't really give you tech advice, only sincere applause ...

Oh, by the way, were your tights in the wash ? Couldn't wait till they were done ?

Thanks for this,

Pierre

jcrocket

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:04 am

Mike, great job, haven't heard that one in years! Like I've said before, you really capture Ian's playing style quite nicely.

Jeff

MarkM

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am

Mike,

I can see why that was wearing you out. I'm exhausted just watching it. Awesome job!!! A very nice addition to the forum. Great room, great acoustics, great guitar!!!! Oh and your singing was very good on this song. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

willem

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:40 am

Hey Mike,,great,or must i say big sound,,well both i think...Covering Tull songs,,,i think you must born in(or on?) to it,,man i'm tired like MarkM but love it a..

Oh,,YOU CAN JOIN THE BAND..

michelew

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 am

Mike,

Wow - crazy!

I can also see why this song might be wearing you out. That's one hit energy song.

I have no advice. I haven't looked at it and I'm thinking - I'm not ready to either - so you have my awe instead.

Great job.

Michele

snipe

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks for the comments. I forgot to mention the Tunning is DADGAD.

Tommy, Thanks glad you liked it. what part of Scotland are you in? I lived in Dunoon for couple years.

Pierre, Thanks for watching. Yes took alot of pratice to get this one. And Yes the tights are in the wash, but trust me if i wore them
you wouldnt like it!!!!!!

jeff, good to see you around. Thanks for watching and the commments.

Mark, Appreciate the good words. Yes it is a beast to play. The pace is an -ss kicker. Thanks for taking time to watch and comment

Willem Wow, thanks man. Appreciate that. I 'm like Chris. I would be happy to carry their Guitars/Flute..

Michele, Definetly burn alot of calories playing this one.. Thank you very very much for your comments.

willem

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:17 am

Wow Mike, loved it, that was só cool! :cheer:

I really love your timing and the consistency of your strumming and in between all those little licks, riffs, hammerons and so on. I don't know the original, but this sounded really great to me! The way you pull off these uptempo songs and 'dittys' is just really really great and spot on!

What can I say, timing is about everything, at least in my opinion, and you got it big time, very very good job Mike!

Cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic