Busking Jethro Tull

snipe

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 am

Vanessa,

Thanks for the feedback. REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!! Would be interested to know your ideas about adding to that ditty I posted a while ago?

Mike

dennisg

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:27 pm

Mike,

I absolutely loved watching you play this. Congrats on a fantastic job. More Tull please!

tovo

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm

I missed the first one somehow and just watched the 2nd video. Wow. Great job Mike, no advice from me, just a comment. Wow. One more...wow.

Great upload. (both of them)

sws626

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:41 am

Mike,

I hadn't heard either of these songs for a very long time. That's some pretty impressive playing. You've obviously devoted a lot of time to this and really capture the Tull vibe. I hope you'll share some more with us, especially now that there are some more Tull Target lessons. I'm sure we'd all learn a lot from watching and listening to your work.

-Stuart

snipe

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 am

Dennis, Thanks for watching. Glad you liked it. I guess Neil delivered on the Tull Lessons!!! yea!

Tony,, Wow,, thanks mate... Appreciate it.

Stuart,, Appreciate you take the time to watch and commment... Thanks very much for the kind words.. Im very glad to see all the Tull lessons now and what I really hope is to see some more tg members post some of their own Tull work.

Mike

jayswett

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:30 pm

That was impressive. You definitely re-created the Ian Anderson sound with that video. I enjoyed it very much. Makes me want to learn Mother Goose, which is a song I've loved for a long time.

Lavallee

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi Mike, Great strumming song with quick change chords and I like the DADGAD sound. It really has a lot of humph. It is really fun to watch you play with all the energy that is needed for this song. You singing is great too. As Jay said I also want to go back to work on Mother Goose but you already covered that very well.

Great work

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:53 am

I haven't had much exposure to J.T.- but Mike and Jeff- there's some really great playing in this thread.

Thanks for the look & listen.

snipe

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 pm

One White Duck

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Its been awhile since I posted anything so thought I would post this Tull Song I have been working on. Its a simple tune but deceptively difficult to play with the all the finesse that Ian Anderson Plays.
My vocals arent so great so bear with me on that, but needs vocals or its out of context. Also Im playing on a new Martin and interested in any feedback on its sound. Thanks

Mike

jcrocket

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Yeah Mike - the Busking Tull thread lives! :)

You picked one of my favorite Tull songs. Deceptively difficult is an understatement - while the chords themselves are fairly simple, the timing and pacing of the "0=nothing at all" half of this song has perplexed me for a long time.

Nice job!

Jeff

P.S. - congrats on the new Martin - sounds really sweet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic