Busking John Lennon

pbraun

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:45 pm

We are nearing the 30th anniversary of John Lennon"s tragic death, many of us remember just where we were and what we were doing.
He meant many things to many people, good and bad I suppose. But he certainly helped to shape music, culture and much more.
So in my small way, this is for the memory of John. I apologize up front, my playing needs a lot of work and singing should be included.
Pete

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Great Job Pete!!! I really enjoyed that!!! Nice surprise on a Sunday night.

MarkM

Lavallee

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Pete, I am trying to view oyur video but it is unvailable at this poit (from where I am anyway)

Marc

tovo

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey Pete you should not feel compelled to apologize mate, that was a very credible job in my humble opinion. I know this is busking not review, but just a little more work on the phrasing I think would pay big dividends.

John Lennon was certainly a complex character no doubt and had his faults as we all do, but he was a terrible loss to music and mankind I think.

Thanks for the upload Pete.

jcrocket

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Well done, Pete - that was a very nice rendition.

Jeff

jayswett

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:08 pm

That was great. You can be proud of that one. It looks like a fun song to perform.

Craig

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:09 am

Pete,
Great choice of song to do a tribute to Lennon. Thanks for sharing with us. I enjoyed watching.
Craig

Yamaha48

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 am

Hey Pete.

Very nice job my friend for the busking part.
I enjoyed that.
Thanks for sharing this.

Greetz from the Netherlands.

Anton

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:56 am

I really enjoyed that Pete. I have never heard anyone do a cover of that song before so it was a good choice and I thought you sung that pretty much exactly right - right feeling, right intonation and I felt the phrasing was excellent (must have lost something on the trip down to Adelaide!). Play that song every day for a week or so and it will polish up beautifully.

As to John, what a loss! The world was robbed of all the songs he would have created and all the provocative thoughts he'd have initiated. I'd have loved to hear what he had to sing as he moved beyond singing about Yoko. No offence intended to her, but but apart from Woman, most of the songs about and with her really sucked and it was like watching two teenagers necking in public, awkward and inappropriate. We all loved John but Yoko was always on a losing wicket because she was seen to be steeling John from the Beatles and us. And her arty ideas just didn't translate into music... and John didn't have a filter to recognise that. Paul made the same move with Linda and I always felt that the Saturday Night Live sketch which had them signing a SALT-like treaty to agree to keep their respective wives out of their music, for the good of mankind, hit the nail right on the head.

RicksPick

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:36 am

Well Done Pete
Gets a big thumbs up here

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic