Busking John Lennon

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Nice job Pete!

jayswett

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:38 pm

You certainly are getting those barre chords down. Nice job on a beautiful song.

AcousticAl

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Nice, heartfelt version, Pete.

Thanks for uploading.

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:05 pm

"Watching the Wheels"
It's just been a while between uploads for me and thought I'd share what I've been working on. Actually two uploads in the same night! No wardrobe change (sorry Suzi).

I wanted to play and sing this with Pierre at our Ottawa TG jam- but soon realized how bad I was at playing it when we tried. Looks like we need to get together again to give it another shot, Pierre!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

schm040

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:16 pm

AA,

This is a song that I first really heard in god's country outside Texas while sitting in my car. From that point on I knew that I wanted to learn it.

Neil's lesson is hard and likely correct.

You did a nice job with some irregular changes, congratulations.

You have inspired me to work on this one harder.

This is a fun song to play after a few adult beverages...........

Matt

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:41 pm

schm040 wrote:
AA,

This is a song that I first really heard in god's country outside Texas while sitting in my car. From that point on I knew that I wanted to learn it.

Neil's lesson is hard and likely correct.

You did a nice job with some irregular changes, congratulations.

You have inspired me to work on this one harder.

This is a fun song to play after a few adult beverages...........

Matt
Hey Matt,

You're right about the chords and irregular changes. Very tough.
Thanks for checking it out, and inspiring me to have some adult beverages!!

cosmicmechanic

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
... Looks like we need to get together again to give it another shot, Pierre!
I could not agree with you more, Al ! I had practiced this a bit before our meeting and the learning curve was greater than expected, as you also realized.
Singing this earnestly is a real party time, though ... oh, must refrain from another "adult beverage" comment ...

Nice going Al, the tune is near and dear to me, I should get into it more.

So, let us practice some and visualize also ... who said: "Build it and they will come" ?

Pierre

Craig

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Al,
Wow, you've been busy! I haven't looked at this lesson yet, but it looks like you've done a nice job with some pretty difficult changes and some tough chords. Way to go! Thanks for sharing.

Craig

AcousticAl

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:19 am

Craig wrote:
Al,
Wow, you've been busy! I haven't looked at this lesson yet, but it looks like you've done a nice job with some pretty difficult changes and some tough chords. Way to go! Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Hey Craig

Thanks for watching. I've been working on this off and on ever since the lesson was posted. Slowly getting there.

suziko

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 am

Al,

Well, I guess it's better to have a wardrobe malfunction than a guitar malfunction! I thought that sounded great and I'm looking forward to you adding your vocals to it (or maybe you and Pierre!). I've always loved this song and watching you play it gave me a whole new respect for how challenging it actually is! Definitely not a campfire strummer.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic